PDA

View Full Version : Worm Feeder Cones

fljones3
07-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Here’s a dumb question. I noted that many turn the worm feeder upside down when feeding Al’s FDBW. Sounds like a great idea! My cone and the ring separate from each other. What type of glue or adhesive do you use to fix the cone and ring together? I assume silicone? Maybe yours came as a single unit.

Frank

0Dgreen
07-20-2018, 09:38 PM
I've used aquarium silicone on them in the past, lately I've just been securing them together with fishing line...either way has worked for me.

brewmaster15
07-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Honestly they are so cheap they probably arent worth fixing.I have a whole mess of them I bought to add to stock but never did.If anyone wants some just mention it on your next order and I will include them free WHILE i have them. I personally dont use them on either the cubes or loose worms I feed.
al

Adam S
07-20-2018, 09:59 PM
If you have the Lee's type, the cone portion makes a nice strainer for Python gravel vacs.

fljones3
07-21-2018, 03:08 PM
I've used aquarium silicone on them in the past, lately I've just been securing them together with fishing line...either way has worked for me.

Fishing line. Have not thought about that -- probably because it might upset the fish! lol.

fljones3
07-21-2018, 03:09 PM
Honestly they are so cheap they probably arent worth fixing.I have a whole mess of them I bought to add to stock but never did.If anyone wants some just mention it on your next order and I will include them free WHILE i have them. I personally dont use them on either the cubes or loose worms I feed.
al

That's true. It's not broke. It came separable. I gather from your response that there are those that are not.

fljones3
07-21-2018, 03:09 PM
If you have the Lee's type, the cone portion makes a nice strainer for Python gravel vacs.

It is a Lee-type. That's an idea!
Thanks to all the helpful responses.