PDA

View Full Version : Only just found this site!

Marc Davis
07-31-2018, 07:54 AM
Hi guys, been keeping discus for 4 months now. Cant believe i didn't find this site sooner.

Anyway. Nice to meet you all.

Second Hand Pat
07-31-2018, 08:31 AM
Hi Marc, nice to meet you and welcome to SD. Tell us how your discus experience is going. Do you have pictures :D
Pat

Pices
07-31-2018, 09:16 AM
Another discus fan? Yipee! You found the right place to find out everything you ever wanted to know about discus. Look forward to getting to know you. Also, we love pics. Hint hint
Patty

brewmaster15
07-31-2018, 09:38 AM
Hi guys, been keeping discus for 4 months now. Cant believe i didn't find this site sooner.

Anyway. Nice to meet you all.

Nice to meet you as well Marc! Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

al

Marc Davis
07-31-2018, 10:17 AM
Hi Marc, nice to meet you and welcome to SD. Tell us how your discus experience is going. Do you have pictures :D
Pat

Experience is amazing. The discus are great. got them at 2 inches 4 months ago and are 3.5-4+ inches now. Love them. I've got 6 and each one has its only personality.

al
Thanks Al

Another discus fan? Yipee! You found the right place to find out everything you ever wanted to know about discus. Look forward to getting to know you. Also, we love pics. Hint hint
Patty

I posted this video in another thread but might as well post again as you guys are asking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGVvJiwDIE

prittbotha
07-31-2018, 10:36 AM
Well done, your tank looks really good!

brewmaster15
07-31-2018, 11:45 AM
Experience is amazing. The discus are great. got them at 2 inches 4 months ago and are 3.5-4+ inches now. Love them. I've got 6 and each one has its only personality.

Thanks Al

I posted this video in another thread but might as well post again as you guys are asking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGVvJiwDIE

Very beautiful and soothing video and tank!
al

rickztahone
07-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Welcome to SimplyDiscus, a place for discus nuts lol

Marc Davis
07-31-2018, 12:05 PM
Welcome to SimplyDiscus, a place for discus nuts lol

Thank you. Seems like a great place. Finally....people who understand my fascination :lol:

Paul Sabucchi
07-31-2018, 12:36 PM
Welcome from me too. You are amongst fellow discus nuts here (or for many of us just plain animal nuts). As Al said yours is a very pleasing and soothing tank. The plants are looking very lush, my compliments (I have a few planted tanks but my discus one is still bare bottom). I am also very partial to your choice of companion fish (cardinals, runny noses, corys and otos?). Well done so far and keep us up to speed with the evolution of your lovely tank

Marc Davis
07-31-2018, 01:45 PM
Welcome from me too. You are amongst fellow discus nuts here (or for many of us just plain animal nuts). As Al said yours is a very pleasing and soothing tank. The plants are looking very lush, my compliments (I have a few planted tanks but my discus one is still bare bottom). I am also very partial to your choice of companion fish (cardinals, runny noses, corys and otos?). Well done so far and keep us up to speed with the evolution of your lovely tank

Nothing schools as well as cardinals and rummy nose. I will keep update. I'll start a journal logging the progress of the tank.

Marc Davis
07-31-2018, 03:33 PM

al

Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realised who you are. Your seminar on DIY fishkeepers channel was the first bit of research i got when getting my discus 4 months ago!!! I've watched the whole 1h 20min video 3 times. The best info on net obviously. And now im a member of where it came from. Perfect!!!

Obviously i ignored your advice about planted tanks for juveniles haha.

But to be fair, you did say its possible if you are willing to put the work in. And i actually find tank maintenance and cleaning enjoyable.

rickztahone
07-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realised who you are. Your seminar on DIY fishkeepers channel was the first bit of research i got when getting my discus 4 months ago!!! I've watched the whole 1h 20min video 3 times. The best info on net obviously. And now im a member of where it came from. Perfect!!!

Obviously i ignored your advice about planted tanks for juveniles haha.

But to be fair, you did say its possible if you are willing to put the work in. And i actually find tank maintenance and cleaning enjoyable.

That video is notorious around here :). So much so, that i added to my sig ;)

Marc Davis
07-31-2018, 05:09 PM

Hahaha. Nice one.

Kwiege
07-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Welcome to the group. I have learned so much on this forum!!!

Swedgin
08-01-2018, 08:37 AM

Oooh, new to me, too. Bookmarked for later