PDA

View Full Version : Discus ID help please

Kosey929
08-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Hello,

I haven’t posted on here in a very long time, though I lurk pretty regularly. ;). Now, I’ve decided to try my hand at discus again and need help IDing a couple of them. I bought these two on separate occasions at Petco where they are just labeled as ‘various.’ I’d like to know what strains they are just to satisfy my own curiousity.

This one was about 2” when I bought him a few months ago, but is now about 3.5-4”. When he’s not showing his stress bars, his sides are pretty much solid blue.

I purchased this one about 6 weeks ago and he is only about 2.5”. This fish had not been doing well, but is recovering after a recent stint in my hospital tank. I suspect he’s stunted, but he’s kind of cute anyway.

Any ideas on what strains they are? Sorry for the ‘meh’ pics.

Thank you!
~Karen

p.s. I’ve since bought four AWESOME large discus from Chicago Discus, and won’t be buying any from Petco again.

danotaylor
08-13-2018, 02:24 AM
I'm an amatuer without doubt (with doubt actually lol) but I will take a stab and say cobalt or cobalt cross on the 1st pic, and maybe a red turq or red turq cross on he 2nd. Anyone else?

Kosey929
08-13-2018, 09:14 AM
I'm an amatuer without doubt (with doubt actually lol) but I will take a stab and say cobalt or cobalt cross on the 1st pic, and maybe a red turq or red turq cross on he 2nd. Anyone else?

Thank you! I think you may be correct on these. I Googled both varieties and came up with very similar fish in both cases.