PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp

jeep
09-15-2018, 12:33 PM
So I bought some 13 count wild caught shrimp today. Any recommendations on how to prepare for dinner tonight besides the usual boil?

brewmaster15
09-15-2018, 12:45 PM
no boil... remove shell pan seared with butter and cajun seasoning on top of a bed of spaghetti. The spaghetti would be lightly mixed with extra virgin oil.

mmmm Mmmmm

al

Adam S
09-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Garlic shrimp!
- Season shrimp, then sear with a little oil over medium-high to high for 1 min.
- Flip and add garlic (at least 2 TBS per 1 lb shrimp), a splash of white wine, red chili flake, parsley and a big TBS of butter (more if you like a lot of sauce).
- Cook another minute, then turn off the heat and add another big TBS of butter
- Serve as is, or cook over low until the sauce is thick enough

I serve it over linguine or rice, but anything with a ton of carbs probably works.

jeep
09-15-2018, 05:44 PM
Sounds great! You both are reading my mind!

jeep
09-15-2018, 07:56 PM
So I did close to what was suggested, which is very similar to the way I fix shrimp very often. The main difference is I seared the shrimp first instead of adding to the pan at the end, where it more boils in the seasonings instead.

I seared the shrimp in olive oil with medium/high heat.
I cooked some baby portobello's in a separate pan while shrimp was cooking.
I added a generous amount of garlic (sorry Paul), white wine, lots of real butter and Tony Cachare's as my main spice.
Combined everything and served over rice.
Sourdough bread on the side.

I wanted to take a picture but it looked too good to pause and it was! :)

Swedgin
09-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Shrimp n’ grits.
There’s an awesome recipe in Bobby Flay’s Throwdown book. He lost to that recipe. Haven’t made it in a while, thanks for reminding me:)

jeep
09-17-2018, 01:50 PM
Shrimp n’ grits.
There’s an awesome recipe in Bobby Flay’s Throwdown book. He lost to that recipe. Haven’t made it in a while, thanks for reminding me:)

Interesting. I found the recipe online. Considering all the family I have in the South, I've never had grits.