PDA

View Full Version : Coffee drinking fish

dagray
10-03-2018, 04:44 PM
So I was rounding up the 10 or so bristlenose plecostomus in my 20 gallon bedroom tank; I had most of them caught and in a five gallon trashcan (with water in it) when I hear "splash"..... my youngest son had knocked my 1/2 cup of warm coffee into the bucket.

Well I grabbed my other bucket, filled it partly with tank water, and then took both buckets into the kitchen where I dumped the one into the sink (through a net) and relocated the fish.

I wonder if the fish are now addicted to caffeine? They were active at the fish store where I dropped them off.

now that there are only two bristlenose plecos in that 20 gallon tank I can use it for when the plecos in the 75 gallon decide to breed.

I take the cave with the male inside and put it in the 20 gallon, and then when the male decides to let the fry out I take and put him and an empty cave back in the 75 gallon tank.

I feed the fry cucumbers and zucchini along with algae wafers.

I will say the water color in the coffee filled bucket was perfect for a blackwater Amazon tank.

brewmaster15
10-03-2018, 08:31 PM
lol.. Black water extract Alla Dave! :)

Hope it was a good south American coffee!
al

dagray
10-03-2018, 08:36 PM
lol.. Black water extract Alla Dave! :)

Hope it was a good south American coffee!
al

It was a Central American coffee.... Costa Rica Terazu.

brewmaster15
10-03-2018, 09:02 PM
ah well.. thats close enough I suppose:)

snxtif
10-03-2018, 10:15 PM
It's all in the grind... :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUal5lWRYvg

dagray
10-04-2018, 10:49 AM
It's all in the grind... :p

well I do grind the coffee beans fine in a bur grinder... so I guess it was a FINE grind :) :P