PDA

View Full Version : Help to diagonese !!!

greed21
10-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with 1 of my discuss sicne 3-5 days he has this syptom is on on photos.. I was way for work and when I return my wife told me about it .. but until now the discuss acting normal.. eating well don't do anything strange, since today I move it to hospital tank, just I don't know what to use to help it to recover !

Any sugestions is welcome !

Thank you in advance !

- temp _____ 30c

- ph _____ 7

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____5

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

- RO water ____yes 100%

brewmaster15
10-17-2018, 03:34 AM
Hi,.If that bump recently showed up all at once its likely its swim bladder related. Does the fish swim ok?. Sometimes bacterial infections can cause this in which case antibiotics may work.

Alternatively it could be a tumor in which case its not likely to get better.:(

For antibiotic..i would suggest kanamycin or maracyn 2.

hth,
Al

greed21
10-17-2018, 08:47 AM
Hi,.If that bump recently showed up all at once its likely its swim bladder related. Does the fish swim ok?. Sometimes bacterial infections can cause this in which case antibiotics may work.

Alternatively it could be a tumor in which case its not likely to get better.:(

For antibiotic..i would suggest kanamycin or maracyn 2.

hth,
Al

Hello, thank you for you respond, yes swim ok..

I don't have the medicine.. I have flagelol will work ? also bactopur direct.. and few more like teramazol..etc

jeep
10-17-2018, 10:53 AM
Where are you located?

greed21
10-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Hello,

Greece Athens

jeep
10-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Following Al's advise, it looks like you need an antibiotic for internal infections. Filip or Paul Sabucchi may be able to help locate this in your area. We will make them aware of this post.

Once you locate the correct meds, I would treat ASAP. If the swim bladder is damaged or ruptured, there is little hope for recovery.

greed21
10-17-2018, 01:41 PM
I have found this http://www.petsupermarket.gr/3065/προϊόντα/seachem-kanaplex-10gr.html I am on the way to buy it, hope it will do the job !

jeep
10-17-2018, 02:42 PM
I have found this http://www.petsupermarket.gr/3065/προϊόντα/seachem-kanaplex-10gr.html I am on the way to buy it, hope it will do the job !

That looks good!!

Filip also recommended https://www.sera.de/us/product/freshwater-aquarium/sera-baktopur-direct/

Paul Sabucchi
10-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Any developments? If the fish is swimming ok before resorting to antibiotics would it be worth trying Epsom salts first just in case it is constipated? If antibiotics or antibacterials are required, they will mist likely negatively affect the filter, do you have a container you can use as a hisputal tank to treat separatwlt?

greed21
10-17-2018, 03:48 PM
The fish swim still ok..i start kanaplex the water treatment 2h ago.. I am watching it..hope will be ok and survive

greed21
10-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Hello again.. is the 3 dosage tomorrow with kanaplex and still the fish remain same situation not improved.. still eating swimming ok and some times headstaning. i really don't know what else to do..

jeep
10-21-2018, 10:30 PM
Keep up your water changes and medications for the full course. You are doing everything possible. Be patient, improvements are rarely immediate...