PDA

View Full Version : Cheap meat grinder recommendations?

Adam S
11-07-2018, 11:22 PM
Hello all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap (preferably sub $50) meat grinder? I have a stand mixer if the attachment ones are any good, but electric or manual doesn't matter to me.

jeep
11-07-2018, 11:42 PM
Wait until Black Friday. Many places have them for good prices, - Bass Pro, Cabelas, Walmart... Ebay has many under $50 now but the quality will probably be better on Black Friday...

brewmaster15
11-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Adam, I used to use one like this...

You can often find them used at goodwill type stores...I paid $5 for mine.Its great for grinding a few pounds of meat here and there.. You can find new ones for under $20.

They are nice because they really cant fail.No motor but your muscles.

When I was making 30 plus pound of BH at a time I bought an electric one at Northern tool for a little over $100.Its been great.I have had it years now and probably put 1000's of pounds of various meats through it.

similar to this model..
https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200680782_200680782

These pay for themselves in no time if you are a thrifty shopper.. I will buy what ever meats are on sale and grind away... instant ground meat and I know its fresh not salmonella ladden or pink slimed.
hth,
Al

jeep
11-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Adam, I used to use one like this...

You can often find them used at goodwill type stores...I paid $5 for mine.Its great for grinding a few pounds of meat here and there.. You can find new ones for under $20.

They are nice because they really cant fail.No motor but your muscles.

When I was making 30 plus pound of BH at a time I bought an electric one at Northern tool for a little over $100.Its been great.I have had it years now and probably put 1000's of pounds of various meats through it.

I used a manual grinder for years and it does a great job. It was inherited from my great grandmother so it's probably 100 years old. The only reason I bought an electric is because I like to make sausage in bulk or make my own burger.