PDA

View Full Version : Bristlenose

jeep
11-25-2018, 04:57 PM
A rare appearance by my long fins! I like them but they hide too much...

LizStreithorst
11-25-2018, 08:09 PM
My long finned are my favorites. Mine aren't any worse than the other strains about hiding.

Second Hand Pat
11-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Cool Brian, maybe you need more of them :)
Pat

jeep
11-26-2018, 09:56 AM
There are 4 of them and they love hiding in their driftwood. At this time, it's a catfish only tank. with the Bristlenose, 3 Corys. An 8" Featherfin Squeaker and some other kind of pleco that I've only seen maybe three times this year, lol... I got the Featherfin when it was only about 1" long and has far outgrown this tank... All the more reason to upgrade to a larger tank for Christmas ;)

brewmaster15
11-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Brian let me know if they ever breed for you.. All of mine are standard tails.

Al

jeep
11-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Brian let me know if they ever breed for you.. All of mine are standard tails.

Al

Once I get some of my remodeling projects completed and open up some more space, I'd like to give that a try. I've never tried breeding Bristlenose so I should read up...

Adam S
11-26-2018, 11:27 AM
No promises, but I bet they'd be more outgoing if you moved the featherfin. Plecs don't like bottom-dwellers bigger than themselves. Also, adults are also much more secretive than youngsters (still talking about fish).

Any pics of the other plec? :angel:

jeep
11-26-2018, 12:00 PM
No promises, but I bet they'd be more outgoing if you moved the featherfin. Plecs don't like bottom-dwellers bigger than themselves. Also, adults are also much more secretive than youngsters (still talking about fish).

Any pics of the other plec? :angel:

That's nice to know! They actually grew up in their own tank until about 2 months ago when I had to consolidate tanks. I never really saw them then either, although I did see them through the holes in the driftwood.

I will take a pic of the other pleco the next time I see it. It's even more secretive than the long fins. I got it at the same time I got the squeaker and they were the same size at 1". I don't think I saw it for about 2 years and thought it had died. It blends in with the driftwood and is a small one at about 2.5" now.

jeep
12-07-2018, 11:05 PM
This is about as much as I've seen of him at any time...

I got this one and the feather fin on a Black Friday special at Petsmart a few years ago. They were very small...