PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when...

LizStreithorst
11-30-2018, 10:04 AM
One of my dogs in on the same meds and I am so I have no excuse. I give the dogs his in a meat ball, then take mine. The problem is that I often forget to take mine until I start wondering why my part are hurting more than usual. It happened again this morning. Saint Puppy got his on time as 6. I'm 2 hrs late taking mine. I guess is shows where my priorities lie.

Paul Sabucchi
11-30-2018, 10:45 AM
We know, we do the same. How is Saint Puppy doing on the injections?

LizStreithorst
11-30-2018, 10:56 AM
At first they seemed to help greatly. Now, not so much. I still have several injections left to give him before I can decide for sure how he's doing on them.

Second Hand Pat
11-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Liz, maybe you need a meatball too!! ;)
Pat

pm9ljr
11-30-2018, 12:20 PM
I set my pills next to the tequila bottle - I never forget

JUST KIDDING!!

Jack L
11-30-2018, 05:32 PM
liz, maybe you need a meatball too!! ;)
pat

lol

brewmaster15
11-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Liz,
I hear you! Ours is if I gave the cat his insulin shot or if Carrie did... WE have an intricate system in place, but every once in awhile its , "oh no!' did we dose him or "oh no!! we double dosed him! Thankfully the double dosing only happened once. It was a close call. Thanfully I do not have to give both the cat and myself insulin, That would be just way too confusing to keep track of.

al

LizStreithorst
11-30-2018, 08:32 PM
If you and Carrie had any sense you would keep track of it on paper checking off the day and time. If I had a brain I'd use one of those plastic things with the snap lids that old people use to keep track of my meds. I NEVER forget Saint Puppy's. I'm not yet ready to feel like I'm so old that I need little boxes to keep track of my pills. I'll just keep them in the beer refrigerator from now on.

Thanks for the idea, Loyd. :)

Swedgin
12-11-2018, 11:56 AM
If you and Carrie had any sense you would keep track of it on paper checking off the day and time. If I had a brain I'd use one of those plastic things with the snap lids that old people use to keep track of my meds. I NEVER forget Saint Puppy's. I'm not yet ready to feel like I'm so old that I need little boxes to keep track of my pills. I'll just keep them in the beer refrigerator from now on.

Thanks for the idea, Loyd. :)

I’ve been using one of these full week plastic pill things for years, and still forget to take my meds now and then in the morning.
One of my dogs makes sure I take the evening dose when she begs for some of my omega 3 caps. We have a daily routine before bed, 4 for me, 2 for her.

LizStreithorst
12-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Those plastic pill things are great and I should use one. But to me, needing one of those is akin to having your eye glasses on a string around my neck. I don't want to feel so old that I need ether. Instead, I prefer to hunt for my glasses and miss the occasional dose of meds.:crazy:

Swedgin
12-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Haha, I’m nowhere near an age where I should have to use one. But it’s either this or suffer the consequences

LizStreithorst
12-11-2018, 12:34 PM
I'm past the age where I should be using one. I play pretend that I'm not.

Paul Sabucchi
12-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Pill reminder and medication tracker app by Medisafe works pretty well, although it is useless for finding your glasses