PDA

View Full Version : New Admin on Board! Welcome Brian! aka "Jeep"

brewmaster15
12-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Hi all,
I'd Like to give a big welcome to a new Admin we have here at Simply. Brian aka Jeep is moving up from Moderator to Admin to help Pat and I out. Brian goes back a long way as a moderator with SimplyDiscus years ago, having joined back in 2002. He then took a long hiatus and returned recently as moderator again. He has seen the board through its most tumultuous times back when he first joined and I am sure it will help him be a really great Admin.

Looking forward to working with you Brian! Welcome to the Admin Team!:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evil grin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

-Al

LizStreithorst
12-06-2018, 12:45 PM
That's Great! Welcome, Brian. I hope you're better at pushing all your new buttons than I am. lol

jeep
12-06-2018, 12:50 PM
That's Great! Welcome, Brian. I hope you're better at pushing all your new buttons than I am. lol

There's much to learn and many button to push, lol.. For the present time, I hope to at least assist Al and Pat with the basics :)

fljones3
12-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Welcome!

Mando
12-06-2018, 02:01 PM
For some reason, I thought you were an admin already. I guess the way that you write and the knowledge you share presented you that way! well deserved.

Mr.BigBlock
12-06-2018, 02:25 PM
Congrats Brian!

Pices
12-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Congrats Brian!
Patty

jeep
12-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I was quite shocked when Al approached me a couple of weeks ago, and after seeing some examples of the work Al and Pat do, I figured I'd do some paybacks in the form of assisting them the way this forum has assisted me over the years. ;)

Paul Sabucchi
12-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Congrats Brian, just shows in what tegard you are held around here. 3 cheers for Brian!

Altum Nut
12-06-2018, 08:02 PM
If that top-hat fits where it with pride. Congratulation Brian on your promotion :badmin:

...Ralph

RogueDiscus
12-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Congrats Brian.

danotaylor
12-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Good on ya mate :thumbsup:

Lewjo11
12-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Welcome! I was wondering if you guys have given any thought to having an app on my option? For Android and apple phones? Just an idea. You could offer a paid app that will have other features like live chat and ability to upload larger picture and clips cause cell phone has high res. Many people don't use computers anymore cause tablets and phones do it all.

Thanks to everyone who has help me in the past.

brewmaster15
12-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Welcome! I was wondering if you guys have given any thought to having an app on my option? For Android and apple phones? Just an idea. You could offer a paid app that will have other features like live chat and ability to upload larger picture and clips cause cell phone has high res. Many people don't use computers anymore cause tablets and phones do it all.

Thanks to everyone who has help me in the past.

I have thought about it and looked into it for the reasons you mentioned.Im just not sure it would be worth the investment.Problem with apps are they arent static... which means they always need updating which is costly to have someone do as needed. Basically I have my hands full doing what I do to keep the forum going as it is. I have to be very careful what I take on.

It really comes down to time and money...and I have far too little of both these commodities!:)

Al

danotaylor
12-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Basically I have my hands full doing what I do to keep the forum going as it is.
Al
You do a great job with the forum as it is Al. I have been a member of many forum communities, all fish related, both in the US and Australia, and SD is BY FAR the most interactive I have ever experienced. The fact that there is tons of new content on a DAILY basis that is not centered around mere classifieds is incredible. The knowledge (and opinion, lol) sharing & experiences, and the wealth of people resources, most willing to lend assistance when needed, make this site, IMHO, the best dag gone fish community in the world!
As the good ole saying goes, if it aint broke, don't try to fix it! Great work mate :thumbsup:

jeep
12-07-2018, 02:04 PM
You do a great job with the forum as it is Al. I have been a member of many forum communities, all fish related, both in the US and Australia, and SD is BY FAR the most interactive I have ever experienced. The fact that there is tons of new content on a DAILY basis that is not centered around mere classifieds is incredible. The knowledge (and opinion, lol) sharing & experiences, and the wealth of people resources, most willing to lend assistance when needed, make this site, IMHO, the best dag gone fish community in the world!
As the good ole saying goes, if it aint broke, don't try to fix it! Great work mate :thumbsup:

I find everything Danny says to be 100% accurate!! :thumbsup:

danotaylor
12-07-2018, 04:05 PM
BTW Brian, I didn't mean to hijack your new admin announcement thread. Sorry mate :p

Second Hand Pat
12-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Welcome aboard Brian and looking forward to working with you :D
Pat

AquaWoman
12-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Congrats Brian!

sanjay21
12-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Congrats Brian :)

brewmaster15
12-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Thank you Danny! That mean alot to me!

Al

danotaylor
12-11-2018, 04:45 AM
Thank you Danny! That mean alot to me!

Al
It is my pleasure sir!! ;)

Filip
12-20-2018, 06:58 PM
Congrats Brian and thanks for taking your new commitment for this forum .