PDA

View Full Version : Question on selling discus?

megatrev62
12-19-2018, 10:39 AM
Looking at selling my current six adult discus. They are healthy and about two years old. Some are at 6 inches . May be hard to sell them where I live plus the fact they are all the same strain. I would like to sell all six together ,but if they were to be broken up for sale, would groups of three work or better to sell two together? Thanks

Second Hand Pat
12-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Guessing this will be up to the buyer unless you specific otherwise.
Pat

megatrev62
12-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Guessing this will be up to the buyer unless you specific otherwise.
Pat

True I'm just wondering if three together would be problematic? I would rather tell the buyer that 2 works better than 3, if you understand me. Or is that something I could ignore when explaining the fish requirements. I was under the assumption that a group of three could be trouble? If three is fine, I'll sell them in trios if it comes to that. Thanks

brewmaster15
12-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Its going to depend on if theyhave discus already and how many they can add.. If they dont have any I would push the group... or more than 3. Less than 4 is not a good number. 5-6 or more is a very good group.

al

megatrev62
12-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Its going to depend on if theyhave discus already and how many they can add.. If they dont have any I would push the group... or more than 3. Less than 4 is not a good number. 5-6 or more is a very good group.

al

Thanks and I hear ya. These will be a hard sell where I live. Getting the right person is key. I should stand firm on the group. Thanks

melita
12-20-2018, 12:05 AM
Not easy to find discus here in Canada I been trying to get some stendkler discus shipping is costly

megatrev62
12-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Not easy to find discus here in Canada I been trying to get some stendkler discus shipping is costly

The stores here don't carry discus. My discus are second generation and the fella that brought discus in from Alberta has vanished. He had a great setup and brought in Tony Tan discus from some place in Alberta. A real bummer, because hobbyists started buying discus from him. Noone knows where he went...really weird...he was my go to for all questions I had as well. He vanished over night it seems. He had a great setup and statred selling everything off because he said he was buying a new place and will be bigger and better with regards to discus. He was going big with breeding and was going to ship fish out of his home. He bought a new house apparently but nobody has heard from him. This was nearly two years ago...we are all baffled. That is the discus hobby here.

Filip
12-22-2018, 12:52 PM
I would be very considerate to the buyer , taking time and explaining him everything he needs to know and be aware of with his new discus . I would try my best giving sound advices the the buyer even after the deal . That way I would know I've done my homework , and the rest is up to him.