PDA

View Full Version : My Troop of Altums

BMS
01-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Pterophyllum altum "Rio Inirida" getting better and better by the day.

Happy 2019!!

Mando
01-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Angel fish today are not the angel fish of when I was a kid. I grew up on angels and even bred them succesfully but now I see so many strains! I’m literally dying for a tank with altum.

Yours are beautiful.

trose
01-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Your fish are beautiful. Where did you get them?
TR

BMS
01-03-2019, 08:27 PM
Angel fish today are not the angel fish of when I was a kid. I grew up on angels and even bred them succesfully but now I see so many strains! I’m literally dying for a tank with altum.

Yours are beautiful.
Thank you very much, Mando!

Your fish are beautiful. Where did you get them?
TR
Thank you very much, trose!
These came from a friend of mine who imports direct from Colombia and other places.

I have to admit............my current group is my second shot at them. My first shot was a total, and expensive, failure. This current group had a really rough start, and I only have eight remaining of the 15 that I received.

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around them still!!

Mando
01-04-2019, 09:33 AM
What caused the rocky start? I'm sorry that you've lost a few. How tall are those pictured?

Jack L
01-04-2019, 09:41 PM
nice

BMS
01-04-2019, 09:46 PM
What caused the rocky start? I'm sorry that you've lost a few. How tall are those pictured?
The fish pictured above average around 7-8 inches tall, and a couple are about 9 inches now.

The rocky start just had to do with the fish that I received. As soon as I saw something that resembled disease I immediately medicated. I think that was a bad move. There's a lot to be said for just plain old clean water and a good diet. I'm finding that less is more with altums......including less Prime FYI!! ;)

nice

Thanks!