PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Brand Names for 75 gallon glass

taneal1
01-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Can anyone recommended the best Brand Names for a 75 gallon glass? Prices for some brands are considerably higher than others - do the brand names matter much?

Thanks,

Tom

Altum Nut
01-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Tom...you will get mixed suggestions on tank brands. Not saying one is better then the other but in the US you guys have Petco stores that usually have $1 per gal sales and have not heard bad experiences. I'm in Canada and we don't find deals like that.
I for one am a big fan of Miracles Tanks and sure others feel the same but no bargain prices.
Glass Cages is another source in the US.

...Ralph

Mando
01-08-2019, 11:36 PM
I love my redsea tank for many reasons; rimless, glass thickness, crystal clear glass, built in skimmer, etc. But, for the price, you can get an amazing tank for $1 a gallon. For future tanks, I’d go with the biggest petco tank during their $1/g sale and build a custom stand myself.

JamesW
01-09-2019, 10:38 AM
In my opinion the $1/gallon price can't be beat especially if you are looking for a standard sized tank. If you want rimless, a non-DIY display-quality stand, customization, pre-drilled bulkheads or sump then you might want to go with a more boutique tank builder.

I have a 3x2x2 (90 gallon) rimless tank with low-iron glass on the front of the tank, a corner overflow and stand from Glasscages. They were great to work with, fast (for a custom tank), and had an easy going southern charm that goes with being based in TN. The quality in my opinion is wonderful.

taneal1
01-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Thanks Ralph,

...but in the US you guys have Petco stores that usually have $1 per gal sales and have not heard bad experiences.
I have my eyes open for one of those sales. I think they only apply to 40gallons or less, so that will work for a Sump, but not for the 75 gallon.

I for one am a big fan of Miracles Tanks and sure others feel the same but no bargain prices.
Is there something specific about them that you like best, or is it that in your experience the quality is better than others?

Tom

taneal1
01-09-2019, 01:55 PM
I love my redsea tank for many reasons; rimless, glass thickness, crystal clear glass, built in skimmer, etc. But, for the price, you can get an amazing tank for $1 a gallon. For future tanks, I’d go with the biggest petco tank during their $1/g sale and build a custom stand myself.

Thanks Mando,

Tom

taneal1
01-09-2019, 01:57 PM
I have a 3x2x2 (90 gallon) rimless tank with low-iron glass on the front of the tank, a corner overflow and stand from Glasscages. They were great to work with, fast (for a custom tank), and had an easy going southern charm that goes with being based in TN. The quality in my opinion is wonderful.

I will give them a try...

Thanks!

Tom

taneal1
01-09-2019, 02:49 PM
I found a Marineland 75 gallon for $150, which sounds like a good price based on a quick net search. I need to drill it and they have no idea if the glass is tempered or not. I'll have to Google it, and see how difficult it is to check.

gunnerschh2
01-09-2019, 03:22 PM
be carefull of marineland i had a 150 & 180 leak. they back up there tanks

Altum Nut
01-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Thanks Ralph,

Is there something specific about them that you like best, or is it that in your experience the quality is better than others?

Tom

Maybe it's just because they are local and is what tanks I currently have. I guess with anything...if specific products have served you well that's good enough reason to stay with them.

...Ralph

Cove Beach
01-09-2019, 08:45 PM
The Petco dollar per gal sale is only up to 29 gallons, but 40 breeders were half price as were 55,75s not sure if anything bigger is available. I had good luck with AGA 220 reef ready tank for 15 yrs as a side note.

taneal1
01-09-2019, 11:41 PM
they back up there tanks
Does this mean they replace them if they leak?

taneal1
01-09-2019, 11:46 PM
Maybe it's just because they are local and is what tanks I currently have. I guess with anything...if specific products have served you well that's good enough reason to stay with them.

...Ralph

Thanks. If a brand has served you well that's the best recommendation you can give.

Tom

taneal1
01-09-2019, 11:48 PM
The Petco dollar per gal sale is only up to 29 gallons, but 40 breeders were half price as were 55,75s not sure if anything bigger is available. I had good luck with AGA 220 reef ready tank for 15 yrs as a side note.
Half price for a 75g and a 40g is a great deal! Is this for a specific brand only, or does it vary? Any idea how often they have these sales?

Thanks,

Tom

taneal1
01-10-2019, 12:00 AM
What does anyone think of the Aqueon brand? Petco has a 75 gallon for $180 -- of course I'll try to wait for the sale price...

Tom

gators111
01-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Unless your getting something custom built or some boutique brand fro like ADA, They are pretty much all the same. Aqueon, Marineland, Deep blue, etc. However, if you are planning on drilling, do your research on which ones have tempered glass backs. My 90 deep blue does.

taneal1
01-19-2019, 04:40 PM
Thanks Gators.

gunnerschh2
01-19-2019, 04:49 PM
Does this mean they replace them if they leak?
They paid for fish lost & for what i paid for tank. I was told marineland was sold & maybe the new company had troubles. Sorry for late reply.