PDA

View Full Version : What to feed 2 month fry

Lewjo11
01-11-2019, 04:52 PM
I purchased some breeding pair from a guy on Craigslist the guy is full of good knowledge! I ask him if he would throw in some of his 2 month fry. He gave me 20 of the smallest ones. I put them in a tank and I set it at 84 cause it took me 30 minutes to get home and the water temp dropped quick ...I plan. To rasies it to 86 later tonight... It's been one day and they aren't very hungry. Blood worms seem to big or they have no interest. And also tried micro size frozen brine shrimp. I want to bring these fry back to Heath any ideas?? Would beef heart work??? Also are the okay to rasie the temp quicker the 2 degrees a day. Maybe 88 degree? I tried Hans beef heart flake zero interest

dagray
01-11-2019, 05:10 PM
try live or freeze dried blackworm. Al has the freeze dried blackworm at a great price (see link at top of page).

also live brine shrimp or capped brine shrimp eggs (capped eggs can't be hatched).

Good luck

Lewjo11
01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Will try. It's been just a day. Maybe they need to get use to the tank after the move.. do you think I cause raise tank quicker.. or are fry more sensitive to temp changes

LizStreithorst
01-11-2019, 05:26 PM
what had the guy you bought them from been feeding them?

Lewjo11
01-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Waiting on his reply still...He told me bloodworm and frozen Brine. But keep in mind these are the runts. The smallest ones out of 500 plus fry! Maybe they never really eat that much. I'm trying to bring them back to help

LizStreithorst
01-11-2019, 08:06 PM
I'd try hatching some BBS. Freeze dried black worms are another good idea.

Lewjo11
01-11-2019, 10:16 PM
I may raise the temp make it hotter to stimulate hunger

SNap0283
01-11-2019, 10:36 PM
They might take a day or two before they will show much interest in eating, maybe even a bit longer if your water is much different than what they were used to. I would start with feeding whatever they were already eating then slowly transition them to what you prefer to feed. Crushed up quality flakes, shredded freeze dried blackworms, newly hatched BBS are all good and popular options.

Lewjo11
01-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Ok thank you. So far no luck in the eating. Only thing I haven't tried is blackworm and fresh hatched brine. Tank is at 84-85F. Did this from 83 yesterday. Anyone think I should make it higher? Again these are runts ranges from quarter size and some only dime .