PDA

View Full Version : What a very interesting 4 game round of NFL playoffs !!!

discuspaul
01-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Well, the Chiefs are giving the Colts a bit of a beating as I type - expected them to win & it looks good so far.

My 2nd prediction today is the Rams will do a bit of the same to the Cowboys.

And I take the Chargers to UPSET the Pats tomorrow, and the Saints to slam the door shut on the Eagles !

Thoughts otherwise ?

fljones3
01-12-2019, 08:01 PM
I thought that KC would win but I have been a long-time Colts fan (going back to Unitas). They will have a good season regardless. I hope the Chargers win. Eagles and Rams round out my pick.

discuspaul
01-12-2019, 08:08 PM
I thought that KC would win but I have been a long-time Colts fan (going back to Unitas). They will have a good season regardless. I hope the Chargers win. Eagles and Rams round out my pick.

Picking the Eagles to beat the Saints - you're a gutsy man, Frank !

brady
01-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Are you kidding? The Chargers beat the Pats! Get real.
Connecticut Jay

discuspaul
01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Are you kidding? The Chargers beat the Pats! Get real.
Connecticut Jay

What will you say, Brady, after you watch it happen ?

Tom Brady & the Pats have been real good for a long, long time, but the beginning of the end, and then the end, of a good thing always happens eventually - and that time has come....
Do you know how tenaciously good and effective the Chargers are this year ? They'll surprise you, the New England fans, and the entire NFL world.

fljones3
01-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Picking the Eagles to beat the Saints - you're a gutsy man, Frank !

I agree but I meant the Saints. I wrote in a hurry.

Phil4Discus
01-13-2019, 12:53 AM
Well you were right on today, but I'm really hoping Eagles can some how pull through and win tomorrow. I also think the Chargers have a good shot at beating the Pats. This Pats team is not as good as it's been in years prior.

jeep
01-13-2019, 02:03 AM
Mahomes is a beast... One of the best naturals in decades!!! As long as KC's coaching doesn't get in the way, they have a good shot to take it all!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!

discuspaul
01-13-2019, 10:47 AM
Mahomes is a beast... One of the best naturals in decades!!! As long as KC's coaching doesn't get in the way, they have a good shot to take it all!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Agree - I think Mahomes & the Chiefs are good enough to reach the Super Bowl - Question is, can they beat the Rams ?

jeep
01-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Agree - I think Mahomes & the Chiefs are good enough to reach the Super Bowl - Question is, can they beat the Rams ?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pm9ljr
01-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Same here Loved watching Unitas play... they were always exciting

discuspaul
01-13-2019, 03:49 PM
What will you say, Brady, after you watch it happen ?

Tom Brady & the Pats have been real good for a long, long time, but the beginning of the end, and then the end, of a good thing always happens eventually - and that time has come....
Do you know how tenaciously good and effective the Chargers are this year ? They'll surprise you, the New England fans, and the entire NFL world.

I'm humbled - it seems Tom Brady isn't quite done yet. So far the Pats have put a complete stop to Rivers and the Chargers offensive machine !

Let's give Brady one more year - but he isn't far off from some sort of decline - he and Belichek won't last forever.

Sure hope the Chiefs don't die on the vine like the Chargers have !

fljones3
01-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Saints are having a Colts day thus far.

discuspaul
01-13-2019, 09:30 PM
Yeah, so now we know which teams are competing for the NFC and AFC championships to get into the Super Bowl:

- I'm hoping the Chiefs can somehow beat the Patriots, and have a feeling the Rams will outplay the Saints.

That leaves a Rams-Chiefs Super Bowl in my estimation - I'd love to see Mahomes & the Chiefs take it -

One thing is for sure - it'd be a very exciting Super Bowl, well worth watching ! No doubt viewership numbers would be at an all-time high - these are two very talented, explosive football teams - wouldn't you say ?

BobB
01-25-2019, 07:24 PM
I have to say one thing! Lets Go Rams!

rickztahone
01-25-2019, 08:17 PM
I have to say one thing! Lets Go Rams!

Lol. All the local bars were electric on the last few games here in LA. The Dallas/Rams game here almost incited a riot!

discuspaul
01-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Yeah - I'd like to see them take the Pats - but I also think I've learned something here this year :- ".... don't bet against Brady & Belichek..."

rickztahone
01-28-2019, 12:44 PM
Yeah - I'd like to see them take the Pats - but I also think I've learned something here this year :- ".... don't bet against Brady & Belichek..."

You just learnt that now? You must have a sore wallet lol. There are two people I don't bet against, Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Even if they are down by a good margin lol.

discuspaul
01-28-2019, 04:21 PM
You just learnt that now? You must have a sore wallet lol. There are two people I don't bet against, Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Even if they are down by a good margin lol.

Yes, I just learned it recently - I hadn't bet against Brady & the Pats before - but just this year I joined the thinking of a couple of my learned pals who said:

"It's time - Brady's talent & good fortune is coming to an end - his age is catching up - this is the year the Pats get taken down on home field, and the Chiefs are good enough to do it! "

Even Bob McCown, the long-time savvy host of "Prime Time Sports" - the most listened to & watched sports talk show in Canada over many years, was one of biggest proponents of betting that the Chiefs would beat the Patriots.

So I bet on the Chiefs !

Following that, I said to myself: " Don't kid yourself, he's not done yet - maybe he'll fall next year - but meantime, do I take the Rams against a visiting team ?"

But I felt I should 'not bet against Brady & Belichek' again this year - those two will go down in history as the most effective, winningest coach-quarterback duo ever !!!

And even Bob McCown says the same thing now -"don't bet against Brady & Belichek - ever"

discuspaul
01-28-2019, 04:59 PM
I don't like the Rams, 'cause they're in the same division as my Seahawks, and they usually beat the 'Hawks.

But like so many NFL fans, i.e. almost everyone outside of New Englanders, I HATE the Patriots, but I still can't put my money on Goff and his team.