PDA

View Full Version : I hate Mice!

brewmaster15
01-31-2019, 12:39 PM
We had an Ice storm last week and lost power. Its not really a problem as I have several generators here, but the one I use most in an old Inverter Generator. Its as ugly as they come, but its always been reliable. It takes care of our display 125 gal and the is LCD and electricon safe since it makes pure Sine wave electricity. Usually its a one pull wonder. Starts right up. Not this time.. Nothing. , then snap goes the pull cord! It was all frayed. I hauled out the old clunky bigger generator as back up and set my invert genny to the side until I could replace the cord. Today I had a few hours and started work.

I haven't gotten very far, They really make these suitcase invert generators a pain to work on.... But after taking off way more bolts than it needed, Learned why I had such a hard time.. Apparantly I had some squatters living in my genny the last 3 months since I used it last.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::bomb::b omb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bom b::bomb::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This was an airfilter. I have never seen them chew things up that much.... the entire filter is gone.
al

brewmaster15
01-31-2019, 12:42 PM
No Clue yet what else they got into , but I am guessing I am going to fine alot of chewed and corroded electroniics..
al

jeep
01-31-2019, 02:49 PM
A few years ago during the install of my new central air unit, I needed to retrieve a window AC unit from my shed. I brought it inside and set it on the living room floor, plugged it in and turned it on to test it. I heard knocking sound coming from the squirrel cage, and all the sudden a mouse comes flying through the vent, followed by 6 or 7 little pink babies. YUG!! She had chewed a hole in the vent to get in, then pulled grass and other stuff inside for insulation...

Sorry no photo's, I was too busy freaking out, lol... My girlfriend was freaking out as well when I grabbed my bb gun thinking I could actually shoot them :fried::fried:

brewmaster15
01-31-2019, 03:00 PM
LMAO!!!

Well these little monsters cost me a generator. Theres no way I can repair it. They chewed thru the fuel lines, wires, you name it. They ate every piece of foam they could reach and the corrosion from their waste is just nasty. I took it outside to blow it out and the crude is junked on it...God only knows what germs are just sitting there. Look up Hanta Virus sometime. Its not like I really pressure wash i either.

. Add to that the engineer that designed these suitcase generator was a royal idiot. You literally have to take everything apart, remove gas tank, disconnect all wires... Remove everything to even access the housing for the pull cord.

Its trashed. Bummer too. I bought used on CL for a steal of $50 several ago, fixed it up and have used it alot since then.

Ah well.

al

brady
01-31-2019, 03:32 PM
Al, up here it's a way of life. My lawn tractor, kitchen cabinets, ect. Wait until they get into your cars heating system.
Last winter my wife turned the heater on in her car and heard a funny noise.
A couple of days later there was an awful smell in the car especially when the heat was turned on.
I knew what it was. Chopped up mice caused by the fan.
We took it to our mechanic and he took the whole heater system out under the dash.
He told us it was mouse hotel[former]. 250$ later the smell was gone.
What I do now is put sticky traps under the cars, tractors ,in the cabinets and the basement.
IT's a war.
Jay

Mr.BigBlock
02-01-2019, 02:49 PM
So here's my mouse (actually rat) story...a few years ago after my Dad passed away, I went over to my parent's house to start his Chevelle that had been sitting in the garage. I got it started and fairly quickly noticed a rotten burning smell. Couldn't figure it out until I got the car on the lift and noticed some fur sticking out through a hole in one of the mufflers. Little ******* crawled into the muffler through the tailpipe and took up residence there. Well, I got the last laugh...he got gassed out and died. Wait, maybe the rat got the last laugh...I had to replace the muffler.

brewmaster15
02-02-2019, 11:41 AM
So here's my mouse (actually rat) story...a few years ago after my Dad passed away, I went over to my parent's house to start his Chevelle that had been sitting in the garage. I got it started and fairly quickly noticed a rotten burning smell. Couldn't figure it out until I got the car on the lift and noticed some fur sticking out through a hole in one of the mufflers. Little ******* crawled into the muffler through the tailpipe and took up residence there. Well, I got the last laugh...he got gassed out and died. Wait, maybe the rat got the last laugh...I had to replace the muffler.

ewwwwww! nothing like the smell of burning rodent!

Still have the Chevelle?:)

al

Mr.BigBlock
02-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Hi Al,

Yup, still got it...an original '68 SS 396, four speed. My Dad bought it out of the service when he finished his tour is Vietnam.

Joie

CliffsDiscus
02-05-2019, 03:35 PM
Hi Al,

Yup, still got it...an original '68 SS 396, four speed. My Dad bought it out of the service when he finished his tour is Vietnam.

Joie

That car is priceless, I had a 66 GTO and a 70 Challenger back then.

Cliff

brewmaster15
02-05-2019, 08:54 PM
My Friend in High school had a red Chevelle that I always envied. I had a Mustang fastback which was cool. His was

way more cool.:) I am glad to hear that you still have that Car Joie, Its a real treasure.

al

Mr.BigBlock
02-07-2019, 02:12 PM
That car is priceless, I had a 66 GTO and a 70 Challenger back then.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Those are some cool cars too!

Joie

Mr.BigBlock
02-07-2019, 02:12 PM
My Friend in High school had a red Chevelle that I always envied. I had a Mustang fastback which was cool. His was

way more cool.:) I am glad to hear that you still have that Car Joie, Its a real treasure.

al

Hi Al,

It'll stay in the family as long as I'm around!

Joie

Second Hand Pat
02-08-2019, 09:35 AM
My brother-in-law has a 1968 GTO. He has had it since high school. He and my sister resently sold their house and here it is going to a friends house for temporary storage.

Mr.BigBlock
02-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Pat, I see so much potential there! It's like a blank canvas waiting to be painted!

Second Hand Pat
02-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Pat, I see so much potential there! It's like a blank canvas waiting to be painted!

Exactly Joie and believe Tim intents to restore it to it's original condition. He has matched all the numbers on the engine etc and the numbers are close to each other (that means it adds value to the car). So if he can restore using it's original parts it should be a little gold mine. At least that is my understand on how antique cars work.
Pat

Mr.BigBlock
02-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Exactly Joie and believe Tim intents to restore it to it's original condition. He has matched all the numbers on the engine etc and the numbers are close to each other (that means it adds value to the car). So if he can restore using it's original parts it should be a little gold mine. At least that is my understand on how antique cars work.
Pat

Hi Pat,

A numbers matching car is definitely worth restoring! Post some pics when he gets started.

Joie

Second Hand Pat
02-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Tim lives in Colorado but I will see what I can do Joie :)
Pat

CliffsDiscus
02-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Pat,
1968 GTO had a model called "The Judge".

Cliff