PDA

View Full Version : Auto Water Change - Empty Tank Sensor for Pump shutoff

taneal1
02-04-2019, 02:00 PM
I'm designing an Auto Water Change setup. What type of sensor is being used to detect an Empty or partially full, aged water Tank for Pump shutoff? I see many float-type sensors which would work for detecting a full tank, but are they designed for sustained immersion? I would think so, but this info is not stated.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Tom

DJW
02-04-2019, 09:26 PM
You might find some ideas in this thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?123253-Components-for-an-auto-fill-RO-Reservoir

ericatdallas
02-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Not necessarily a tank sensor, but just wanted to caution against relying on electronic. I have a leak sensor on ZigBee and Zwave (one each) on my aquarium areas. One tank height, one floor... one each for redundancy. They aren't very reliable,... I had a leak and both sensors missed it. One was a physical (cat must have messed with it) and the other just didn't register. Also, I've had times where the sensors drop-in and out of the network. This is partially why Zwave/ZigBee aren't considered good for home security.

Following... I'm interested in what you decide to do though. I'm still in the watch the water level manually.