PDA

View Full Version : Quietest air pump

J@Y137
03-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone. Looking for a quiet air pump for 4 sponge filters. The one I have is a top fin 8000. Its an awesome pump, just has an extremely annoying hum to it. I can hear it through out the whole apartment. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions so I can still hear the t.v. while the pump is running.

Lewjo11
03-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Very good question! You would think there would be one by now!

RogueDiscus
03-03-2019, 01:42 PM
https://www.jehmco.com/html/lph45.html

I have this one. It drives 8-12 sponges using the manifold I also bought from Jehmco, but still underutilized. I got their valve and air stone end cap for the manifold so I can release the extra air and not cause back pressure on the pump. They'll walk you through what you need if you talk to them. The piston pump is quieter than any diaphram vibtator pump.

fljones3
03-03-2019, 02:40 PM
JEHMCO DAPMH15
Mid-size Diaphragm Pumps for large tanks or small multiple tank Breeding set-ups
Quiet, Quiet cool running mid-range Diaphragm pump
Energy Efficient 8 or 15 watts
Rugged All metal housing
3-Prong grounded plug,
Higher grade than Aquarium Pumps
Long life captive diaphragm membrane

Very quiet and recommended by JEHMCO. Just email them with your requirements. Their help is tremendous.

gators111
03-04-2019, 03:15 PM
I got a Eheim air pump about a year ago, and it's been very quiet.

J@Y137
03-04-2019, 10:40 PM
I have wondered about the piston driven pumps. I always assumed they were louder.

RickMay1
03-04-2019, 10:49 PM
JEHMCO DAPMH15
Mid-size Diaphragm Pumps for large tanks or small multiple tank Breeding set-ups
Quiet, Quiet cool running mid-range Diaphragm pump
Energy Efficient 8 or 15 watts
Rugged All metal housing
3-Prong grounded plug,
Higher grade than Aquarium Pumps
Long life captive diaphragm membrane

Very quiet and recommended by JEHMCO. Just email them with your requirements. Their help is tremendous.

I just got the 40 LPM model (DAPMH30) of this and it is very quiet. Atleast it is as quite as the diaphragm pumps you would buy for a single tank. I plumbed the room with 1" PVC to distribute the air. Running 14 outlets and still need to bleed off air.

jeep
03-05-2019, 12:19 AM
I run 6 sponge filters in my bedroom with this $23 Whisper and it's powerful enough to run more. I'm a light sleeper and it doesn't irritate me one bit...

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/fish/air-pumps-airstones/tetra-whisper-aquarium-air-pump-for-100-gallon-aquariums

brewmaster15
03-05-2019, 09:52 AM
I run 6 sponge filters in my bedroom with this $23 Whisper and it's powerful enough to run more. I'm a light sleeper and it doesn't irritate me one bit...

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/fish/air-pumps-airstones/tetra-whisper-aquarium-air-pump-for-100-gallon-aquariums

I have a bunch of these too , I have been really pleased with them and they are dirt cheap. I also like how they have 2 outlets and come with a bag of splitters and valves for free. It really is a good value pump and quiet, I use these on my office tanks. EASILY will handle 4 sponges in a typical tank.

One note.. Whisper makes a more expensive "deep water" pump, the AP300, it gets good reviews but has only one outlet and honestly the one I have is a piece of junk. maybe its a lemon but I was not impressed.

I also have a jehmco lph 60 thas been going strong now for many many years.. thats in my main room and I highly recommend it for fishrooms, quiet and reliable. Obviously over kill for 4 sponges by a mile but I really like the Linear Piston Pumps Jehmco sells.

al

J@Y137
03-05-2019, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the input fellas. Im gonna look into the piston driven pumps but for the time being I will prob go with the tetra whisper.

adeer
12-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Tetra Whisper Air Pump

coralbandit
12-18-2019, 02:28 PM
All Alita and never going back ! https://kensfish.com/collections/alita-air-pumps-1
Quietest and strongest pumps I have ever used ..Linear pumps rule ..

bossanova
12-19-2019, 12:08 AM
Eheim 400 is the best I’ve found yet, but still too loud for me. I’m looking for silent. No chance the Whisper is quieter than the Eheim

BrendanJ23
12-19-2019, 02:44 PM
I bought one recently for black out emergencies, but also gets used as the main air pump now. It has 4 outlets, with a backup lithium battery that is supposed to last around 40 hours. It is quiet and actually seems of good quality, with the ability to isolate outlets to conserve power, all this for about $80 AUD.