PDA

View Full Version : Help with finding good RO system.

BlackAndRedLipstick
03-24-2019, 10:30 PM
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a any suggestions for a RO system i should use for my tanks? I have about 120 gallons of fish tanks in my room at the moment. I keeping getting confused on what system i should use.

thanks,

Nick

Jack L
03-24-2019, 10:35 PM
you don't need RO water for Discus.
but if you want it to bring down for breeding, i recently found home master has a hydroponics unit that is priced okay and makes a lot of water. i bought one of their units for drinking water, and i also use if or fish. they were good with customer service when i had an issue with the valve.

https://www.theperfectwater.com/Garden-and-Hydroponic-Filters/

brewmaster15
03-25-2019, 05:59 AM
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a any suggestions for a RO system i should use for my tanks? I have about 120 gallons of fish tanks in my room at the moment. I keeping getting confused on what system i should use.

thanks,

Nick

Nick can you tell us about your water?

Al

gators111
03-25-2019, 02:32 PM
+1 on not needing a RO unless your water parameters are really out of whack. However, I've had my Typhoon 3 from airwaterice.com for 16 years and their customer service is great too.

RogueDiscus
03-25-2019, 05:41 PM
I got mine from Bulk Reef Supply and have been happy with them. Look for their 4-stage RO Only unit. You don't need DI for discus.

BlackAndRedLipstick
03-26-2019, 02:08 AM
My ph is roughly 6.7 with a tds of 300. I noticed my hot water comes out around 500tds but my cold water is 0tds. I need to remove mineral from my water heater.