PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Lotus from Ed

Pices
04-18-2019, 09:32 PM
You meet the nicest people here. After falling in love with a member’s Tiger Lotus, he sent me some along with some Alternanthera Reinkii, Blyxa Japonica, dwarf sag and these very cool bushy type plants. Thanks for making me so happy Ed! ;)123581123582123583123584

danotaylor
04-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Very nice Patty. Nice one Ed!! Way to share the happiness around :D

Filip
04-19-2019, 03:52 AM
Nice plants Patty and kudos for Ed's friendly and noble gesture .Small thing like this makes this hobby going and so much fun .

Swedgin
04-19-2019, 04:23 AM
Very cool, Patty. Are you using any kind of fertilizer or CO2? I like the idea of a lotus for one of my tanks, too, but other than floaters I’ve never really had plants.

Pices
04-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Very cool, Patty. Are you using any kind of fertilizer or CO2? I like the idea of a lotus for one of my tanks, too, but other than floaters I’ve never really had plants.
I am using ferts, but I went with a no-brainer type called Easy Green by Aqarium Co-op. It’s 3 bottles of liquid ferts. One is an “all in one” fertilizer, one is an algae inhibitor, and one is iron. You simply squirt these in the water on alternating days. I also have fert capsules for root feeding. I’m hoping I can make them do as well as Ed so I can pay it forward eventually. They are all very cool, but the color and shape of these lotus’ really stand out. Ed says they are easy to grow in low to med lights so we’ll see. :o

Doogy262
04-20-2019, 11:03 AM
My pleasure Patty,glad you like them and think you will do fine,remember to remove any discolored leafs as they will not revive and just make the plant work harder,,,Ed

Pices
04-20-2019, 12:24 PM
My pleasure Patty,glad you like them and think you will do fine,remember to remove any discolored leafs as they will not revive and just make the plant work harder,,,Ed

You can’t really see the 2nd lotus because the leaves were getting beat up by the water current. I had to tuck it behind the big rock and cut back the long leaves that were beat up. It’ll look great having those big pink leaves grow over the rock, plus it gets good light in the new spot.
I do SO love this plant Ed. You are such a gem to send it! I’ve already promised some to Liz if it does well so I can pay it forward. I needed a little burst of color and different leaf shape and this fits the bill beautifully!
I also love the crypt. What a nice surprise with that cool leaf color! Thanks again Ed. You have no idea how happy you made me.
Patty

Pices
04-20-2019, 03:52 PM
Well I had another surprise. Steve sent me some Roobios tea after a comment I made about it. I’m going to see if my angels can hatch eggs with the addition of this tea. I thought I’d let them hatch a batch to reward their efforts and prevent them from getting depressed after so many futile efforts. They thanked me by laying eggs and eating them almost immediately! It’s probably a blessing in disguise. I don’t know what I’d do if they did hatch! Thanks for the tea anyway Steve. Does change the look of the tank.

danotaylor
04-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Looks great Pat, little black water lookalike...i was hoping your post a FTS...plants are growing in nicely!! Beautiful :D

RogueDiscus
04-20-2019, 06:31 PM
You're very welcome Patty!

danotaylor
04-20-2019, 09:05 PM
Good on ya Steve...sorry for my name blunder Patty :o

Doogy262
04-20-2019, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAktE0z-11s

Hey patty i'm thinking about this for my next planted tank lol...

LizStreithorst
04-20-2019, 11:19 PM
You're right about people here being so nice. When you have been around long enough for people to get a good sense of you, you become friends. I was amazed when I got something without ever asking because someone thought that I like them enough that they want to send you something for free. So many people here have sent me their stuff for free. You are one of them. I'm astounded that anyone would just up and give me something simply because they like me on a internet forum. It's the coolest thing.

The plants are beautiful and will live long and prosper under your care. You know about planted tanks. I am looking very much forward to having a baby from your red ones. My tank badly needs a splash of red.

Oh! how could I have forgotten to thank Ed? Ed, you're one of several of us a good handful of folks here who get more pleasure out giving stuff away than selling it. Not that it matters, but I like you.

Pices
04-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Looks great Pat, little black water lookalike...i was hoping your post a FTS...plants are growing in nicely!! Beautiful :D
I was trying to post a FTS when I posted the other pics yesterday, but it wouldn’t load even after cropping it several times. Today for some reason, the pic loads without a hitch. Go figure!
Patty

Pices
04-21-2019, 01:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAktE0z-11s

Hey patty i'm thinking about this for my next planted tank lol...

Wow Ed,
I feel like I just went to planted tank heaven after seeing that video. Wow!
Patty

danotaylor
04-21-2019, 03:53 AM
+1 that is something special to behold for sure

Doogy262
04-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Thanks Liz,your right it is nice to give and it always seems to come back to you.My best time was a few years back on the forum tpt when a teacher asked for plants for a new science class.Me and a few others filled up 12 ten g. tanks and i still get messages from some of the students who are now hooked on this great hobby.

Doogy262
05-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Hi Liz,wondering how the plants are doing???Any problems??...

Pices
05-12-2019, 01:54 PM
I don’t know about Liz, but my plants are doing great! I’ll post a pic later when there’s not so much reflection.
Patty

LizStreithorst
05-12-2019, 03:08 PM
All mine are doing great, too. I adore my 2 planted tanks.

Doogy262
05-12-2019, 08:58 PM
I don’t know about Liz, but my plants are doing great! I’ll post a pic later when there’s not so much reflection.
Patty

Sorry Patty 70 yr. old brain freeze but happy you and Liz's plants are doing great,,,Ed