PDA

View Full Version : My fish die one by one

Lynx
07-02-2019, 02:47 PM
2 of my fish died a short while ago. I was left with 3. I moved them to a QT tank. Treated with levamisole, prazi and antibiotics.
But they all died one by one.
They are all dead.

And it was a very sudden death. These fish looked absolutely normal just a few hours ago. Suddenly they fell to the ground and died.

I'm speechless. I have no idea what is going on.

Lynx
07-02-2019, 02:48 PM
I also examined one of the dead bodies under the microscope and found literally nothing.

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Hi Lynx, did you treat them with all the meds at the same time in the 10 gallon QT?
Pat

Lynx
07-02-2019, 03:20 PM
No, the meds were being given separately and in the big tank.

Now I'm left with the 3 fish I bought recently. They are currently in a 30 gallon tank. They seem to be doing fine (except for white poop, I'm gonna give them metro I think) but I would really like to find out what happened to these poor poor fish who died in order to prevent causing such a mess in the future again. :(

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 03:38 PM
May I ask what you were treating for? How long were you resting the fish between meds? Do you have any pictures?
Pat

Lynx
07-02-2019, 03:49 PM
i'M SORRY ITS UPSIDE DOWN AND HORRIBLE QUALITY BUT IM SHAKING LOOK WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW THESE FISH WERE IN SEPARATE ****ING TANKS.

It's pretty much over.

https://youtu.be/1W70sVc8bxo

Lynx
07-02-2019, 03:50 PM
This is what happened to other fish all was well then suddenly they start rolling like that and minutes later they are dead.

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Lynx, I have no clue what is happening. Could you please measure ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and ph? Is there any filtration on the tank?
Pat

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:01 PM
No bio active filter in the QT because instruction on my meds say I should unplug any filters. I changed their water like 20 hours ago and they were receiving no food.

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 04:05 PM
That is really bad advice and I suspect the fish reacting to measurable ammonia and nitrite. Do a 100% water change NOW or as big as you can.
Pat

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:07 PM
doing the wc atm but i lost hope it will help. :( other fish are showing no symptoms but if all goes the same as with the small fish i had they will get symptoms all of a sudden then die within an hour like what is even going on...

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Please post back how the fish are after the water change Lynx.
Pat

LizStreithorst
07-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Lynx are you sure the instructions didn't say to remove carbon filtration and not to turn the filter off. As pat requested, please test ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and post a pic when you calm down.

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:43 PM
GUYS

You're not gonna believe it.
I don't believe it.

While doing the water change I dumped the poor guy who was on the verge of death into high concentration of nitrofurazone and furazolidone like doing whatever was there left to do and AFTER LIKE 30 SECONDS NO JOKE he was back to normal swimming straight like what the hell...

While the other baby fish in the other tank were dying from the same thing I changed their water to 90% fresh and they died anyway in a matter of an hour since the WC.

I'm gonna do some tests I just gotta calm down.

https://youtu.be/VaNzLXoLxjQ

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:45 PM
I really hope these fish will not die. Like I have no idea what is this disease.

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Oh god no... and right now he's doing it again...

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:49 PM
and right now he jumped out of the aquarium like mad

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:50 PM
like my boyfriend had to put the fish back in the tank

Lynx
07-02-2019, 04:51 PM
he's gonna die...

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Lynx, I can not tell what you are doing...between shot gunning meds and removing your bio-media. Can you please write down a detailed history of the last month. Please include use of meds, how you prepare your water and do water changes. What are your water parameters? Are your tanks cycled? and any other details. This will slow you down and have you think about what is happening with the fish and it may help us to help you.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Is that the tank you added the nitrofurazone and furazolidone too? Maybe the fish simply needs clean water without meds.
Pat

Lynx
07-02-2019, 05:02 PM
The fish is dead.

I am sorry but I am too devastated to write the whole story here right now.

Second Hand Pat
07-02-2019, 05:05 PM
The fish is dead.

I am sorry but I am too devastated to write the whole story here right now.

Sorry about the fish. :( Maybe later on the story.
Pat

slicksta
07-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Sorry you lost them. :-(

One little bit of advice, never leave a fish with no filtration pump or air stone running.
You need something to agitate the water surface and replace the oxygen that the fish are breathing.
I don't know if you had something running out of frame of the video but I couldn't see anything.
The last video close up showed the fish breathing heavily as if the oxygen level was low.

snxtif
07-04-2019, 03:47 AM
Let's restart fresh when you are ready.

1. Nuke every thing with bleach / or even buy new equipment (cheaper items, like sponge, air stone etc.) to prevent re-contamination.
2. Ensure you can provide clean water with proper parameter. (search for those figures in this site)
3. Purchase your fish from reputable source.
4. Calm down, do things slowly step by step.
5. When you need help, chime in here, provide necessary info. We are less useful than 911 if you call and scream.

Sturiosoma
07-05-2019, 10:06 AM
GUYS

You're not gonna believe it.
I don't believe it.

While doing the water change I dumped the poor guy who was on the verge of death into high concentration of nitrofurazone and furazolidone like doing whatever was there left to do and AFTER LIKE 30 SECONDS NO JOKE he was back to normal swimming straight like what the hell...

While the other baby fish in the other tank were dying from the same thing I changed their water to 90% fresh and they died anyway in a matter of an hour since the WC.

I'm gonna do some tests I just gotta calm down.

https://youtu.be/VaNzLXoLxjQ

Your having a ph swing

Tuterosso
07-07-2019, 03:54 AM
air stone in this tank? look like you dont have