PDA

View Full Version : For Fish/Seafood Lovers - A super easy/simple recipe

discuspaul
07-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Here's a real tasty recipe that I love to make for halibut in particular, but you can substitute any one of the following fish and I'm quite sure you'll love it:

Cod; Haddock; Tilapia; Catfish; Sole; Turbot; Bass; Mahi-mahi; Monkfish; Pollock; Snapper/Red Snapper: Lingcod; Walleye - (Skin removed)

( Can also be used with prawns or jumbo scallops)

Mix well together all these ingredients in a bowl:

- 2 T of melted butter

- 2 T of honey

- 2 T of soy sauce

- 2 T of white wine

- Juice & zest of 1/2 fresh lemon

- 2/3 cloves of finely minced garlic

- 1/2 t of ground pepper

- 1 t of paprika

- 1/2 t of herbes de provence

- 1/2 t of crushed fennel seed (optional)

- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce

Brush this sauce generously on both sides of whatever skinless fish you're using, and let marinate in fridge for 1 to 2 hours.

In a lightly oiled skillet, well heated to med/high heat (preferably a cast iron pan), sear the fish for approx. 90 seconds on one side, turn over & fry the other side similarly until the fish is cooked through & flaky, brushing both sides with more of the sauce while frying.

(A bit of blackening on both sides is good - so high-ish heat is best)

Serve with rice, or whatever other veggie/side dishes you prefer, & enjoy with a glass of your favorite white wine !

jeep
07-10-2019, 06:43 PM
That does look easy and good! And I have 40lbs of Royal Red shrimp fresh from the gulf that would make it even better!!!

discuspaul
07-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Sounds fabulous, Brian - I'd love to be able to get some of those Gulf shrimp - our Pacific shrimp are a little on the softer, bland side, in my mind anyway, so I almost always use black tiger shrimp, or others caught in south American or Asian waters.

easycook
08-28-2019, 10:30 AM
I want to recommend you a recipe that I recently came across.
Marinade For Grilled Shrimp (https://club.cooking/recipe/grilled-shrimp-marinade/)

I think you will like it.

Ingredients
For Lemon garlic marinade:
2- 3 large clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon cayenne

discuspaul
09-22-2019, 10:51 AM
Sounds real good so far, Kate.

It appears there are other, further steps to the recipe - would you please add them.