PDA

View Full Version : Feeding blackworms

Lewjo11
07-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Shout out to Al! Received my order of blackworms about 3 weeks ago! Feed them other cubed brands and they never touched it! They didn't eat it! Al not sure what you do but they go crazy over it!

I would like to end beefheart use 💯 but I have 3 pairs of 6 inch discus that only eat beefheart. The black worms seem too small any ideas?

LizStreithorst
07-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Do you feed the pairs only beef heart? If so, they think it's the only thing that's food. I have found that they always go for black worms without encouragement. The smaller ones from Australia are more tender or something and my fish prefer them to the ones from California. If your fish are being unreasonable about their food (much like kids who want only pizza or chicken tenders) just quit feeding the beef heart completely and switch them to black worms as their only food. When they get hungry, they'll figure it out.

peewee1
07-25-2019, 10:45 PM
Shout out to Al! Received my order of blackworms about 3 weeks ago! Feed them other cubed brands and they never touched it! They didn't eat it! Al not sure what you do but they go crazy over it!

I would like to end beefheart use �� but I have 3 pairs of 6 inch discus that only eat beefheart. The black worms seem too small any ideas?

I have not been able to find the freeze dried blackworms in 50 gram sizes. My fish seem to like blood worms for the time being.

Filip
07-26-2019, 03:11 AM

I would like to end beefheart use �� but I have 3 pairs of 6 inch discus that only eat beefheart. The black worms seem too small any ideas?

My experience with grown discus so far is that it takes a lot of time and patience to get them to eat new food .
I've tried the waiting game on them a couple of times for 2 weeks period and they beat me up with their stubbornness. Now I start with the "new feed as a first meal of the day" method and I'm ready and prepared for a long battle ahead of me :)