PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Al Castro and So Cal Discus!

jeep
07-27-2019, 07:17 PM
Welcome back to your place here! Al has been working on some very interesting strains with great success! Hopefully he can share some photos of your work!!

Brian

alcastro
07-30-2019, 04:10 PM
Hi Brian thanks for the introduction I’ve had the luck of being able to breed some wild Iripixi, I kept a small group of them to grow out but I am trying out feeding them mostly live black worms and a bit of beef heart with astaxanthin, I will post pictures soon

LizStreithorst
07-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Where on earth are you able to buy live black worms?

alcastro
07-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Where on earth are you able to buy live black worms?

Local fish store, last batch looked bad I’m fortunate to get a pound a week

Second Hand Pat
07-31-2019, 07:15 AM
Welcome back Al and good to see you here again. Definitely looking forward to seeing pictures of those wild Iripixi fry. Did you only get the two spawns from the parents?
Pat

alcastro
07-31-2019, 10:19 AM
Welcome back Al and good to see you here again. Definitely looking forward to seeing pictures of those wild Iripixi fry. Did you only get the two spawns from the parents?
Pat
Hi Pat glad to be back I will be posting something soon
Yes two spawns the first was huge over 200 the second about 125 roughly, I thought that was enough but people where exiting to get some I kept about 80 or so than I used the male and crosses it to my Curipera Cross unfortunately I only got 8 and they stopped spawning for the Summer

ccc
11-23-2019, 07:59 PM
Al, I'm just up the coast from you, but I want to meet you and see your fish! I'll be in LA for Thanksgiving. Will you be around?

alcastro
11-26-2019, 12:59 AM
Al, I'm just up the coast from you, but I want to meet you and see your fish! I'll be in LA for Thanksgiving. Will you be around?
I will be home give me call I sent you my #