PDA

View Full Version : Cheap aquariums in the uk?

Justanotherfishkeeper
07-29-2019, 09:56 AM
I know most of the forum users here are from the states and I get really jealous when I see you have your dollar per gallon sales on aquariums.

For example the cheapest tanks I can find over here (UK) are the clearseal tanks but even the. a 20g breeding tank is around £70-80 which is around $100.

Does anyone know of any cheaper places to get aquariums over here, or does anyone know anyone shipping aquariums over here that would work out cheaper?

Thanks in advance 👍

AJMaskrey
07-29-2019, 10:16 PM
I haven't found any shops that sell cheap around Manchester, however picking up 2nd hand tanks on shpock, gumtree and ebay is how I save a small fortune. Picked up a 400L aqua one tank for £90 with 2 hydor koralia wavemakers, eheim heater and protein skimmer which ive now sold so got the tank for next to nothing

Justanotherfishkeeper
07-30-2019, 05:42 AM
Yeah I tend to go for the second hand market too. However in a perfect world i’d like new tanks to make my fish room more look more uniform and it would be easier to plan if I knew exactly what sizes I was working with.

AJMaskrey
08-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Clear seal will be your best bet for that then I imagine, they are the cheapest tanks I've found new