PDA

View Full Version : Just giving a heads up for people who want RC Shrimps

GqyForPay
09-20-2019, 03:19 AM
Do not get them. Discus will try to eat them. I bought 10 for 20 and you would think the rc shrimps would be fine, no discus seem them as food even when i have alot of hiding spots :( just giving a heads up for people who want them.

LizStreithorst
09-20-2019, 07:54 AM
I originally got mine so I could feed the extras to my Discus. Guess what. The Discus ignored them.

Mando
09-20-2019, 08:40 AM
I originally got mine so I could feed the extras to my Discus. Guess what. The Discus ignored them.

I got in to cherries for the same thing and Discus completely ignored them. One was hanging onto a discus and he didn't mind.

JamesW
09-20-2019, 09:41 AM
Mine instantly go into hunting mode as soon as any shrimp hits the water. Even the larger amano shrimp were hassled until they found their way into my sump.

I think it is hit and miss on Discus and RCS or any shrimp in general. Some will accept them, others will hunt them into oblivion.

brewmaster15
09-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Mine instantly go into hunting mode as soon as any shrimp hits the water. Even the larger amano shrimp were hassled until they found their way into my sump.

I think it is hit and miss on Discus and RCS or any shrimp in general. Some will accept them, others will hunt them into oblivion.

I used to feed my discus them all the time when I had them....some ignored them some couldn't resist. I found the same when I fed Mysis shrimp frozen.. some discus loved them some wanted nothing to do with them.

al

Mando
09-20-2019, 01:33 PM
I used to feed my discus them all the time when I had them....some ignored them some couldn't resist. I found the same when I fed Mysis shrimp frozen.. some discus loved them some wanted nothing to do with them.

al

Al, I'll pick your brain a little. Used to? is there a particular reason you stopped?

GqyForPay
09-20-2019, 11:12 PM
I feed my discus extremely well. They are just fatties ;(