PDA

View Full Version : Stendker

Sturiosoma
09-29-2019, 04:04 AM
What makes for a stendker discus are they just a breeder

Jeanne

danotaylor
09-29-2019, 06:30 AM
Stendker is a German bred line of discus. They have about 21 strains of discus that have been developed over the past 3 or more decades to happily exist in in a wide variety of town water supply conditions. Hans Discus USA is the US supplier of Stendker Discus.

Filip
09-29-2019, 12:52 PM
Stendker is just an reputable breeder of discus with a lot of experience and history behind him .
There are also many other good quallity reputable breeders just like him all around the globe .
Stendker discus are often marketed as bulletproof discus with super hero powers all around the net , and that onestly kind of insuls my intelligence a bit .
They are good quality discus , just like all other good quallity discus from well known and reputable breeders, just don't expect superpowers or other transcendental features , as often marketed .

bossanova
11-22-2019, 11:04 PM
“Stendker” is also the name of the gentleman who started the business.

Willie
11-24-2019, 11:46 AM
A number of us keep Stendkers mainly because they grow huge with big water changes and breed more readily. Stendker lines do not match up with the latest creations from Asia, but many of these lines breed rarely. Stendkers don't use Highback genetics, so the fish are less round. Their coloration reflects more traditional genetics. But in my experience, nothing quite match up to Stendker Flachens.

Willie

LizStreithorst
11-24-2019, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't use the word "just" when referring to Stendker. With very few exceptions he is the only choice for Discus other than Asian bred. There are obvious difference in style between the German bred Discus and the Asian.

basser1
11-24-2019, 08:50 PM
And the one thing that Discus Hans stressed to me was to not mix the Stendkers discus with the Asian ones.

I love my Stendkers, you will too.

LizStreithorst
11-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Well...I'd take that with a grain or two of salt.