PDA

View Full Version : Fluval Aquasky or Fluval 3.0 Plant Light?

GqyForPay
10-02-2019, 06:26 PM
I'm having issue on which light I want and which is better. What I mostly want is to do some cool effects in my fish tank like different colors(also rainy effect) and some good lighting on my plants(moss balls, drawf hairgrass, spiky moss, anubias, and java moss). At Petco, they are having a 40% off on Fluval Aquasky and the price is like 80 dollars. I just want to know if people have experience this light and if it is good. There is also Fluval plant for like almost 200 dollars but I just wonder if it is better to get that if the lighting is 10x better or they are just the same value on lighting. Just basically need opinions on what to get.

Shan_Evolved
10-03-2019, 02:26 AM
I have had both - for different reasons. I can give my opinions and results -

I had 2x fluval plant 3.0 and ran Co2 (high) in a 75 planted tank. It was good. I was able to grow out almost every green plant, but my red plants did not do to well until I added a two bulb T5HO fixture with geisman super flora bulbs. Tanks looked awesome. I can show pics if needed. (on phone atm).

I currently have an aquasky as I plan on having nothing but discus in my tank for the next 9 months or until they reach 5". Then I may do a 125 lightly planted tank with some simple green plants. I love the lighting on both but the aquasky has more color and isn't as expensive as the plant 3.0. For discus I plan on keeping the light dimmer than my planted tank also its a plus you can mess more the the color ratio than the planted 3.0 which allows you to mess with 3 different whites and only a red and pink.

GqyForPay
10-03-2019, 03:12 AM
Thank you so much with the answer! I got the aquasky just so i can experiment with the colors and it is hella alot affordable than Fluval planted 3.0.