PDA

View Full Version : Not new, but it's been a while...

mellysalz
11-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone! I can't even remember when I was on this forum last (probably a couple years), but I know my last post involved me giving up on discus. Since then, I have NOT kept any discus, because I was traumatized after watching them continue to die no matter how hard I tried... HOWEVER, I am considering giving it another try. I recently aquired some Altum angelfish which, like discus, are also "delicate," so I think if I'm successful in keeping them alive and healthy over the next few months, I may use some tax return money to splurge on some high quality discus. I do believe a big part of my problem was the fact that I didn't buy my discus from reputable sources. So anyways, hope you and your fishies are all doing well. If I do decide to venture into discus again, I'm sure I'll be asking a bunch of questions!

fljones3
11-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Welcome back! Give it another chance. I will say that quality discus from reputable sources are key. You might want to start with adult discus. Learn and ask questions along the way. Then, work backwards or you might just get babies.