PDA

View Full Version : Discus arriving soon getting everything ready

planter
11-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I anticipate the arrival of my discus late next week I'm just trying to go my ducks in a order

Here is my plan so far

6 juvies are 3"-4" is what I will be buying

I planned to grow them out in a 75 gallon tank

Here is what I plan of doing

-Grow out tank 75 gallons BB covered with glass lids
-Running the tank at 82 degree's
-filtered with a ehiem 2215 filter currently running on my display tank intake will be pre-filtered and filter will be cleaned prior to the discus arriving
-Low wattage light with ramp up and ramp down photo period

Regimen

-2 feedings a day one alternating with Discus D 50 pellets and FDBW
-50% daily waterchanges/ vacuum using aged water temp matched to re-fill the tank
- weekly tank wall wipe down

I have a 30 gallon tested with a spare filter and heater standing by in the event I need to separate any of them for whatever reason

I'm open to criticism and advice on my setup, or regimen hence the reason I'm posting.

I also have a problem with the 75 gallon tank. I filled it today and noticed a tiny leak at the bottom of tank (this is why I always test my tanks before fish arrive.) I am going to reseal the tank tomorrow and let it dry for several day's. I will fill and drain the tank twice. In a pinch if the tank still leaks I will bite the bullet and buy a new one. I've resealed a tank before so I'm not concerned if it will hold water.

Fil

planter
11-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Geez I just realized that this probably not the best section on the forum for this thread. I'm asking if a mod can please move this to the appropriate section. My apologies

fljones3
11-15-2019, 01:12 PM
You might consider that for a 3-4 inch grow out tank you will have to feed more frequently than 2x a day.

planter
11-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Would you suggest 3x per day or more than that?

Mando
11-15-2019, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you have not started the cycling process? what are you plans with this?

As far as feeding, since they are 3-4"s I would feed at least 4 times a day as a min. It's all on the end results you are after. If you just want to enjoy a 5" fish and a discus tank in general, twice a day is fine and for growth, 4+ feeds.

planter
11-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Sounds like you have not started the cycling process? what are you plans with this?

As far as feeding, since they are 3-4"s I would feed at least 4 times a day as a min. It's all on the end results you are after. If you just want to enjoy a 5" fish and a discus tank in general, twice a day is fine and for growth, 4+ feeds.

4 feeds ok that's can be done. I'm moving my filter from my established display tank which is well stocked the filter should have more than enough beneficial bacteria. I shouldn't experience any cycle problems with that filter.

BrendanJ23
11-15-2019, 02:58 PM
All sounds pretty good apart from what's mentioned above. However for me I'd be opting for a new tank, discus are expensive and tanks are not. I personally would not be taking any risk with them or my home, there is nothing to say a tiny leak won't turn into something catastrophic. With all that into consideration it sounds like you're on the right track.

jeep
11-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Moved to beginners section ;)

Mando
11-15-2019, 04:24 PM
4 feeds ok that's can be done. I'm moving my filter from my established display tank which is well stocked the filter should have more than enough beneficial bacteria. I shouldn't experience any cycle problems with that filter.

Oh, you mentioned cleaning it. I figured you would bleach or hydrogen peroxide it since it was in another tank. I would not mix the tank equipment, you may pass something unwanted to the discus.

what strains are you going for?

fljones3
11-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Would you suggest 3x per day or more than that?

From what I have read 4x min up to 5x. You only want to feed what they can eat in 3-5 minutes so its not huge.

jeep
11-15-2019, 04:50 PM
I feed according to my commitment to clean their water. On juvies I feed 6-8 times per day and do minimum 50% water changes per day. Adults I feed 3-4 times per day and change their water at the same time.

planter
11-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Oh, you mentioned cleaning it. I figured you would bleach or hydrogen peroxide it since it was in another tank. I would not mix the tank equipment, you may pass something unwanted to the discus.

what strains are you going for?

If that's the case how do you guys go about cycling a tank to eliminate this problem? I can't imagine every tank setup is done with fish less cycling.

I'm getting a group of blue diamonds

DiscusDish
11-15-2019, 06:09 PM
You could do a fish-in-cycle but that puts your fishes lives at risk. I would go with the fish less cycle. :)

planter
11-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Well I plan to move these fish to my show tank once they are grown out. Won't I have to worry about that problem when that time comes?

planter
12-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Well I will be getting my fish this week I have everything setup the my 75 gallon tank is partially cycled. I went the fishless cycle route. Right now the tank is still showing nitrite but ammonia is dropping daily. The guy I'm buying the fish from has offered to give me his sponge filter media so when I get them i''l do a 100 WC then add the filter media.

I happened to come across a hobbyist who crossed a Dark Knight and a Blue Turq. The pictures are the actual fish he is selling they are roughly 5 1/2" kept in straight tap.

I still plan of adding these to my community tank at some point next year. I want to give them a few months to get used to the foods I'm going to feed them and I want to thin out out my show tank and let the plants mature first.

planter
12-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Anyone ever seen these before?

Mando
12-03-2019, 04:40 PM
What is a dark knight?

danotaylor
12-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Mando I haven't heard of Dark Knight, but looking at the fish in the pics I wonder if it is a version of the dark angel by Stendker...there appears to be peppering above the central line not dissimilar to the Mercury/dark angel strain...
Filipe I have not seen that cross but they have good shape and look nice. They have been raised we'll

planter
12-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Sorry I meant blue knight. I will be getting these fish tomorrow

danotaylor
12-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Cool. Where do you live? Are you in Europe?

planter
12-03-2019, 09:47 PM
No I'm in Canada

DiscusDish
12-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Hello fellow Canadian. Where did you order your discus from? For me it is almost impossible to find anyone who sells quality discus and is located in Canada. :)

planter
12-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Hello fellow Canadian. Where did you order your discus from? For me it is almost impossible to find anyone who sells quality discus and is located in Canada. :)

Hey fellow Canuck I found these from a hobbyist near me he posted an ad on kijiji.

Where In Canada are you from?

planter
12-04-2019, 10:26 PM
My discus came home today. I'm super happy with these fish. They are still a little stressed with the move but they started eating an hour after they arrived.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/filipem1/fish/20191204_195004_zpsz8jtjor5.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/filipem1/media/fish/20191204_195004_zpsz8jtjor5.jpg.html)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/filipem1/fish/20191204_194957_zpsdy2qkvrp.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/filipem1/media/fish/20191204_194957_zpsdy2qkvrp.jpg.html)

The previous owner told me they just over a year old. With fish this size and this old is feeding 4x a day and daily 50% WC's go a long way to get them even bigger?

7 in total in a standard 75 gallon tank

DiscusDish
12-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Hey, I’m in Manitoba.

bluelagoon
12-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Hey, I’m in Manitoba.

I bought discus from Canadian Aqua Farm in BC. He's on the sponser list on this forum.

danotaylor
12-06-2019, 09:28 AM
I would say yes to your qn...high quality high protein food and lots of clean water and they should keep growing for another year or so. Not at the same rate as the 1st yr, but they'll get bigger for sure with the right care. :)

planter
12-06-2019, 10:10 AM
I would say yes to your qn...high quality high protein food and lots of clean water and they should keep growing for another year or so. Not at the same rate as the 1st yr, but they'll get bigger for sure with the right care. :)

Thank you that's the answer I was looking for.

LizStreithorst
12-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Those are very nice Discus.

Mando
12-06-2019, 12:04 PM
I love them and they do have a very nice shape! keeping the tank BB? what's the goal with these fish?

planter
12-06-2019, 12:47 PM
Those are very nice Discus.

Thank you. I'm very happy with them

I love them and they do have a very nice shape! keeping the tank BB? what's the goal with these fish?

Eventually I would like to move them into my community tank. That tank is planted. I still need make several changes to that tank before it can be a suitable environment for discus. That's the plan months down the road and it will all depend on how comfortable I feel about it as time passes. Everytime I've attempted to keep discus in a planted tank in past hasn't yielded great results. Right now that tank is running well I've had my angels and blue rams spawn in that tank which to me is a good sign.

I've already started to making small adjustments to my community tank.

Crossing my fingers

For now they have their own 75 gallon BB tank

LizStreithorst
12-06-2019, 12:55 PM
A Blue Knight is a high bodied Turk.

planter
12-06-2019, 01:06 PM
A Blue Knight is a high bodied Turk.

Thank you I did not know that

Mando
12-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Thank you I did not know that

Neither did I. Liz is full of info! that's why she's mama bear.

planter
12-07-2019, 12:26 PM
So this morning I wake up and check on the fish and noticed that they were really dark and huddled together in the corner. I tested to water for ammonia and found that the ammonia level was at 1ppm. I guess 4 feedings a day and a 50 percent water change was too much for the filter. I'm running a ehiem 2215 in the tank. The inlet is covered with a sponge to prevent any waste from actually going into the filter.

I changed 75 percent of the water and the ammonia is now at .25 which is the same reading I get straight from the tap. The fish have responded very well and colored up right away and are now behaving normal.

I'm going to cut the feeding down to 2 or 3 per day and up the water changes to 75 percent twice a day. I'm also going to add some sponge filters to the tank.

My only real concern is aging the water. I have only 1 barrel and I age the water 24hrs before changing the water. The ph here is very stable and sits at 7.6 I've been testing it daily since I got the fish. After 6 hours or so of aging the water to ph is the same in barrel as it is in the tank.

Is 12 hours enough time to age the water?

danotaylor
12-07-2019, 06:51 PM
If you have Prime dose it to detoxify ammonia. It converts harmful ammonia to harmless ammonium. This is cool because it won't stall your cycle by removing the food source for the BB but allows your biofilter 48hrs to consume it.
The purpose of aging is pH stability. If you can achieve that in 6 hours then your good. I can achieve it in 3 hours with my water.
Because your discus are already past the rapid growth phase, cutting back to 2-3 feedings/day is wise. With the water volume & stock density 1 daily wc @ 75% should cover your needs satisfactorily and allow your filters to catch up.

planter
12-08-2019, 08:05 PM
If you have Prime dose it to detoxify ammonia. It converts harmful ammonia to harmless ammonium. This is cool because it won't stall your cycle by removing the food source for the BB but allows your biofilter 48hrs to consume it.
The purpose of aging is pH stability. If you can achieve that in 6 hours then your good. I can achieve it in 3 hours with my water.
Because your discus are already past the rapid growth phase, cutting back to 2-3 feedings/day is wise. With the water volume & stock density 1 daily wc @ 75% should cover your needs satisfactorily and allow your filters to catch up.

Thanks I use seachem safe which I think does the same thing. To error on the side caution I've been doing two 75% waterchanges daily along with 3 feedings a day. The fish are responding very well. I'll keep this up for the nest week or so then I'll go to one WC and keep testing the water.

danotaylor
12-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Sounds good mate! All the best to you and your discus Filipe!

planter
12-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the help Daniel

danotaylor
12-09-2019, 12:09 AM
No worries mate, my pleasure!

planter
12-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Today another problem I just changed the water and Immediately the fish all went dark and some of them started to show white patches right after the water-change but they looked a little dark and stressed this morning before the water-change but it got a whole lot worse right after.

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

A little dark and stressed this morning before the water change. White patches and fish got really dark right after the waterchange[/COLOR]

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

Huddled together in the back corner of the tank really dark

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

None

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

75 gallon 7 fish about a year old fish size ranges from 5.5" to 6"

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

75 percent 2x a day

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

Tank has been running 5 days it's barebottom

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

water is aged water was aged for 15hours. PH in tank and barrel matched 7.6

8. What type/brand water conditioner do you use? Do you add it to the tank or aging barrel? How much do you use?

Seachem safe added to barrel 1/4 TSP for 50 gallons

9. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp 84

- ph 7.6

- ammonia reading 0.5 (reason for spike was mentioned on previous posts)

- nitrite reading 0

- nitrate reading 10

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water NO

- municipal water YES

- RO water NO

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently. NO

11. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

Feedings are reduced to 2-3 per day They are fed Freeze Dried Blackworms and Discus D50 pellets

12. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Anyone know what causes these patches?

planter
12-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Just an update after several hours the fish a looked much better and their behavior and colour have returned to normal. I don't know what happened maybe the city put something in water as we've been going through warmer weather and had a pretty good thaw over the last couple of day's. I added more conditioner to aquarium shortly after I noticed them darken up and saw the patches appear. Needless to say that was a bit of a scare.

I changed the water on my planted tank straight from the tap the same day and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Granted the water for the discus tank was aged and was drawn from the tap the night before

I'm still wondering what happened but happy that everything is OK now.

bluelagoon
12-10-2019, 12:01 PM
The conditioner should be added to the tank and not the barrel. It's ok if you don't let ot sit there, but if you're not going to use it right away don't put any in the barrel. Especially, if chloramine is used by the water supplier. You might be adding ammonia with the WC. If the suppler is using just chlorine then you should be just fine.

Mando
12-10-2019, 02:56 PM
That white patch is a scratch from a possible scare. Don't over think it. Maybe they need to get used to the environment. Try not to make sudden movements or hard taps near the tank or it's cabinetry.

My fish used to hurdle in a corner when I did water changes and the slightest tap sent them darting all over.. They used to sit high at the suppliers shop and barely saw traffic. Now they see me more than they wish. lol
I started to feed Al's worms as I water changed and now they let me grab them and even feed them from my hands.

Salt 1TBS/10 g will help the scratch or you can just look the other way. it will heal on its own.

after several hours the fish a looked much better

This confirms my message above. They just don't like you in their tank. They will eventually get used to the husbandry.

you can also reduce the water changes. No need for 2x75% on adult fish.

planter
12-10-2019, 04:14 PM
The conditioner should be added to the tank and not the barrel. It's ok if you don't let ot sit there, but if you're not going to use it right away don't put any in the barrel. Especially, if chloramine is used by the water supplier. You might be adding ammonia with the WC. If the suppler is using just chlorine then you should be just fine.

Ah ok I was using the conditioner in the barrel Thank you my water does have chloramine.

That white patch is a scratch from a possible scare. Don't over think it. Maybe they need to get used to the environment. Try not to make sudden movements or hard taps near the tank or it's cabinetry.

My fish used to hurdle in a corner when I did water changes and the slightest tap sent them darting all over.. They used to sit high at the suppliers shop and barely saw traffic. Now they see me more than they wish. lol
I started to feed Al's worms as I water changed and now they let me grab them and even feed them from my hands.

Salt 1TBS/10 g will help the scratch or you can just look the other way. it will heal on its own.

This confirms my message above. They just don't like you in their tank. They will eventually get used to the husbandry.

you can also reduce the water changes. No need for 2x75% on adult fish.

Ok thank you. I will forego the salt for now as I no longer see the patches on the fish.

Mando
12-11-2019, 04:21 PM
yea, Scratches like that heal quickly. It shows more when they go dark like yours did. Keep us posted with pics as these guys look lovely!

danotaylor
12-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Yea, glad it's cleared, looked like a scrape from being netted

planter
12-11-2019, 04:53 PM
that makes sense they were netted last week when i picked them up and again when i added them to the tank.

The tank has a black background and substrate and bad lighting so the pictures I've taken doesn't do them justice.

this picture shows their color a little better it was taken by the breeder and this one still doesn't really show their true colors. I'm eventually going to move them to my 90 gallon community tank. I'm sure once they settle in in my community tank the colors on these fish are really going to pop.

danotaylor
12-11-2019, 05:10 PM
They're really pretty fish Filipe, and once settled will show you their true form!! Can't wait to see them in their final destination and looking mint!

Mando
12-11-2019, 06:03 PM
They're really pretty fish Filipe, and once settled will show you their true form!! Can't wait to see them in their final destination and looking mint!

I agree 100%. Love blues.

planter
12-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Here are some updated pictures. I can't wait to see them in their full glory in their final home the last picture is the tank they will eventually call home

Mando
12-12-2019, 10:51 PM
I love your scape!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your fish! Beautiful stock.

danotaylor
12-13-2019, 12:07 AM
Really good looking discus mate! Be great to see them in their final destination :thumbsup:

planter
12-22-2019, 01:17 AM
Thanks Guys I appreciate the kind words.

I was thinking with my current fish on my 90 gallon that at some point I need reduce the stock in this tank before the discus are eventually added.

Here is my current stock

20 Cardinal Tetras
9 Angel's.
4 Blue rams
6 amano shrimp
6 nerite snails
1 bristlenose pleco (added a few days ago)

I was thinking of getting rehoming of most of the Angel's but I'd like to to keep 3 or 4 in here at most. I'm hoping that will be sufficient.

This also got me thinking that when the time comes to introduce my discus to this tank what method would be best. I don't imagine dumping them all in is a good approach. I thought about adding one at a time but I'm not sure if that would be too stressful for them. I've also thought about removing all of the fish in my planted tank then adding the discus, then reintroducing them back to the tank once the discus have settled in.

When I add fish to my community tanks I normally QT fish for a few weeks then if everything is good I'll add the fish or group of fish to the tank.

The discus I've purchased and kept in the past were also kept with other species and were purchased in groups of 2 or 3 at a time which worked out for me. They were in QT a little longer than most of the other fish I QT they were also treated for worms other than that it was the same procedure

I have never added a bio load this large at once to an existing tank.

dspeers
01-01-2020, 01:24 AM

Just to check my understanding, is this in order to ensure that nothing starts growing in the aging barrel once the chlorine is removed? Unfortunate Ah Hah moment for me as I intend to use an automatic water changing system, have a 90 gallon storage/aging tank and was planning on adding Safe to the system every morning when I refilled the storage tank with tap water. If adding Safe to the system then aging 12 hours or so causes crud to grow in the tank I have a problem.

bluelagoon
01-01-2020, 10:33 AM
Just to check my understanding, is this in order to ensure that nothing starts growing in the aging barrel once the chlorine is removed? Unfortunate Ah Hah moment for me as I intend to use an automatic water changing system, have a 90 gallon storage/aging tank and was planning on adding Safe to the system every morning when I refilled the storage tank with tap water. If adding Safe to the system then aging 12 hours or so causes crud to grow in the tank I have a problem.

It's to ensure the bond don't break before the filter/BB get a chance to break the amonnia in the chloramine down to nitrate. The bond will only last for about 24 hours after that it is free amonnia again. So, you'll have to had Safe or Prime again just before a WC, if you let it sit in the aging barrel. Just chlorine will air off in that time and really does not need conditioners for chlorine, if aging.

dspeers
01-02-2020, 01:05 AM
Got it, thanks much.

planter
01-23-2020, 09:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I will start adding my discus to my planted tank sometime during the next week or so. I decided to add just one for now in case something goes wrong.

Over the last 2 months I've been adjusting the parameters on this tank to make the environment as comfortable as possible to satisfy the needs of not only the discus but the other tank mates and the plants. The other fish and plants were selected because they are known to fair well in the same conditions that discus need.

With the help of everyone here on this forum I was able to correct a few mistakes or misconceptions that I had along the way. I realize that a planted community tank may not be the ideal setup for discus but to me a planted discus tank has been the ultimate goal since I first laid my eyes on a planted discus tank.

This is my 3rd attempt at merging my favorite fish with a planted tank. I am hoping this time around I will be successful.

I also realize that I have several threads going about the same fish and tank. Unless someone asks me a specific question on those threads I am going to stop updating those threads and will instead post a link to them on this thread if I need to refer back to them.

planter
01-25-2020, 04:34 PM
I added one discus to my community tank yesterday morning. The discus seems to be shaking or shivering a lot. Otherwise is behaving completely normal it's eating and is showing great color. Any idea why it's shaking. Everything that I've looked up about shaking refers to breeding behavior but that can't be the case as it's the only one in the tank.

danotaylor
01-25-2020, 04:50 PM
If it's a female maybe she's producing eggs or something?? The change of scenery has stimulated the urge to breed??

planter
01-25-2020, 06:17 PM
Will she really lay eggs with no males around?

bluelagoon
01-26-2020, 09:04 AM
Yes, females will go into their cycle without males. Including us.

Sturiosoma
01-26-2020, 10:24 AM
OK then ,I'm starting to wonder if I'm at the right forum is this E harmony or Simply Discus

Jeanne

bluelagoon
01-26-2020, 11:58 AM
Facts of life.:)

planter
01-31-2020, 02:14 PM
So it's been a almost a week since she's been in this tank and she is still shaking a lot. I haven't seen any eggs but she is always cleaning the filter inlet tubes. Is it normal for a female to take this long to lay eggs?

bluelagoon
02-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Seems like the males just don't quite get it yet. Females will become fertile first; males take a bit more time to become fertile and may not feel the urge because of sexual development. "The Big Bang Theory"

peewee1
02-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Seems like the males just don't quite get it yet. Females will become fertile first; males take a bit more time to become fertile and may not feel the urge because of sexual development. "The Big Bang Theory"

A fix for that is to match older males with younger females. Should you buy 6 or more fish next time buy 3 larger and 3 smaller. Or if the seller can tell which is the male or female the larger ones should be older so get larger males and smaller female. If the seller cannot tell then order 3 large and 3 small, or some variation of that.

planter
02-14-2020, 06:58 PM
So some unexpected turn of events.

I added all of the discus 4 day's ago over the last 3 day's there has been a lot of fighting between them all. Yesterday the rams in the tank spawned (again) and ended up eating their eggs (again).

When I got home today I found that the discus have also spawned not one pair but two pairs. and it looks like a 3rd pair has formed and are both cleaning the intake tube of my other filter inlet tube across the tank.

Good news I guess. I was afraid that they would not like their new home but It looks like I was wrong. I am not prepared to raise discus so I guess I'll let whatever happens happen for now. I feel bad for the 7th discus he has no one now lol.

Here is a picture of the female (I think) with her eggs

I just shot this video of the second pair spawning. They are still at it as I post this.

https://youtu.be/uJAnMmh4l1o

danotaylor
02-14-2020, 07:14 PM
Looking good Filipe! What a great "problem" to have. Love to see a full tank vid of the set up you moved the discus into as well. Cheers mate!

http://youtu.be/uJAnMmh4l1o

planter
02-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Thanks Daniel I just hope the fighting stay's at a minimum.

Here is a quick video I shot of the entire tank.

http://youtu.be/E7L61O5mM0I

How did you expand the video from that link?

coralbandit
02-14-2020, 08:33 PM
Wow talk about close neighbors !
Nice on happy fish but I suspect they will not all stay happy ?

http://youtu.be/E7L61O5mM0I

Take the " s " off the end of the http
Your link gets me a bigger picture though !

danotaylor
02-14-2020, 09:34 PM
Awesome Filipe, your tank looks amazing!
When loading the link without the "s" you have to paste into the "insert video" icon located here;
Cheers mate!

planter
02-17-2020, 12:03 PM
Well both pairs ate their own eggs. On a side note I decided to open one of my canisters today and found it completely dirty. It looks like my pre filters are not doing much and the water in the tank is not clear. I'm going to remove the pre filters as it appears they are not doing much.

planter
02-20-2020, 07:31 PM
And I just had a third pair spawn. 6 out of 7 fish...

coralbandit
02-20-2020, 10:11 PM
They are Happy fish !
Nice !:)

danotaylor
02-20-2020, 10:35 PM
Dang mate, that's crazy!! :eek: I wonder if the unpaired single is make or female?? Any clues?

Shan_Evolved
02-21-2020, 07:42 AM
WoW!! What a scape! :bounce2: Nice discus but as a planted tank fan wow!

Is your rock formation multiple different rocks? Are those plants pogostemon helferi?

planter
02-21-2020, 09:26 AM
Dang mate, that's crazy!! :eek: I wonder if the unpaired single is make or female?? Any clues? no idea but if I had to guess its male. All of these fish are siblings and all of the males are larger than the females l. The unpaired fish is one of the larger ones. Again it's only a guess

WoW!! What a scape! :bounce2: Nice discus but as a planted tank fan wow!

Is your rock formation multiple different rocks? Are those plants pogostemon helferi?

Thanks for the kind words. The rock scape are all separate pcs of dragon stone glued together and yes the plants on the rocks are pogostemon helferi