PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited!

LizStreithorst
01-11-2020, 01:32 PM
I donated my grooming services to the shelter a week ago. I got a thank you and they told me that they would contact me when they needed me. I told them about my back and what it would not allow me to do. I was afraid that I might be too old and broken for them to think I'd be any good to them. But just this morning they emailed to asking if I could groom a little Yorkie and what day would be good for me. They sent pics of the little dog whose's front legs were matted into casts. I can't wait. I've been itchin' do do a good deed by doing what I'm good at. I love dogs.

jeep
01-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Cool!! Make him pretty!!

LizStreithorst
01-11-2020, 02:25 PM
With those matted legs I won't be able to make him pretty, but I'll be as pretty as possible. Poor little dog. When people brush a dog why don't they understand that a dog has legs? They brush to back and sides and call it done.

danotaylor
01-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Good for you Liz, a kind gesture for sure!! I brush my puppies legs ;)

LizStreithorst
01-11-2020, 04:16 PM
That's an excellent grooming job, Danny.

danotaylor
01-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Thanks Liz!
It took a few days for her shorter cut to grow on me, her long puppy hair was so cute, but this is much easier to manage for sure!!

Second Hand Pat
01-11-2020, 06:31 PM
I donated my grooming services to the shelter a week ago. I got a thank you and they told me that they would contact me when they needed me. I told them about my back and what it would not allow me to do. I was afraid that I might be too old and broken for them to think I'd be any good to them. But just this morning they emailed to asking if I could groom a little Yorkie and what day would be good for me. They sent pics of the little dog whose's front legs were matted into casts. I can't wait. I've been itchin' do do a good deed by doing what I'm good at. I love dogs.

I am sure that little Yorkie will be one happy little camper after you are done Liz. Very nice gesture on your part. :D You go girl!!
Pat

Second Hand Pat
01-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Good for you Liz, a kind gesture for sure!! I brush my puppies legs ;)

What a beautiful pup. :D What is she Danny?
Pat

danotaylor
01-11-2020, 06:37 PM
Thx Pat! Mom is a golden retriever x Bernese mtn dog, dad is a standard poodle. She is called a golden mountain doodle. She has the tricolor facial marking from Bernese. She's high energy, super friendly and almost cat like cuddly, lol. My boys named her Hope :)

Disgirl
01-11-2020, 07:17 PM
That is a lucky little dog to have you doing his grooming! Want to come here to do our long haired cat Sadie who hisses at the sight of a brush? Our other 3 love to be brushed, the more the better. Have fun!
Barb

danotaylor
01-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread Liz...well Hope did it really, lol.
Barb we get her cut locally, I just brush her every couple of days to keep her hair from matting. She loves all of it bar the legs, so I have to be gentle with the metal comb on her shins and feet :)

RogueDiscus
01-11-2020, 07:23 PM
If you're ever in Oregon, you could do my son's Samoyed! They do take care of him. :)

peewee1
01-11-2020, 07:55 PM
Thx Pat! Mom is a golden retriever x Bernese mtn dog, dad is a standard poodle. She is called a golden mountain doodle. She has the tricolor facial marking from Bernese. She's high energy, super friendly and almost cat like cuddly, lol. My boys named her Hope :)

Is it a large dog? Does she have hair or fur?

peewee1
01-11-2020, 08:00 PM

Dogs are a good medicine for that which is both old and broken. Have you seen the recent ad on the TV? Little sad girl in hospital bed, nurse says they are going to try something different. Little girls light up when in to her room comes a Saint Bernard who proceed to place his head on her bed. Dogs have that magic for both the young and old, healthy and ill.

danotaylor
01-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Hey peewee, by Google's definition she has fur, but I reckon her puppy coat was hair by that same definition. The poodle in her makes her a non (reduced) shedding breed that is allergy friendly. Atm she's 45#'s at 8 mths of age.
Here she is after her first professional grooming when she only go a facial trim and clean up cut around her privates...

Second Hand Pat
01-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Cool Danny, I thought she look like a doodle but was not sure. She sure is a beauty. :)
Pat

Moreetta
03-11-2020, 12:22 PM
That's really nice of you, lucky dogs!

LizStreithorst
03-11-2020, 02:10 PM
It turns out they didn't want me after all. I was disappointed at first but I'm over it now. I told the guy I could come the next day and do the dog but he emailed that afternoon that one of their employees took the dog to PetSmart Saturday. I don't know why he didn't tell me that they had an arrangement with Pet Smart right off the bat, but he didn't. At least my few customers appreciate me. They call me when their old dog finally dies and I mourn along with them. They're allowed to cancel the same day if their old dog isn't doing well. Some of them invite me to their house. Some give me little gifts of homemade cookies. The ones who can afford it tip as much as $10 which is pretty good for a $45. groom.

I still like Southern Pines Animal Shelter. I took them the puppies that I was unable to find homes for myself. When I went to visit them 5 days later they had found homes for all 3 of them. The folks who adopt dogs and cats there have to pay for them and if they pay it means that they will take care of the dog or cat they adopt.