PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

PaulaYam
02-06-2020, 10:39 PM
Hi, my name is Paula. I and my husband started building a pond for koi recently, so I'd like to get some info about fishes and ponds (filtration, etc.). Nice to meet you all!

danotaylor
02-06-2020, 11:13 PM
G'day Paula. This is primarily a discus forum but there are some folks here with ponds as well...nice ones at that! Mando and 14Discus both have ponds that I know of so hopefully you can get your answers. Where you guys live is conducive to year-round conditions for pond fish of all sorts!

14Discus
02-07-2020, 12:20 AM
Hi Paula,

Welcome to the forum. I’m Both a Discus and koi nut. Your gathering data at the beginning is ideal for both the fish and for you and your husband. How deep is your pond likely to be? How big are u aiming for? Your location should be ideal....I have to net my koi and bring them into my basement pond each winter bc of my location in north central IL.

Shan_Evolved
02-07-2020, 06:17 AM
Welcome to the forums! Koi ponds are such a beautiful thing. Good luck!

jeep
02-07-2020, 10:35 AM
Welcome to SimplyDiscus! While this is primarily a discus forum, we welcome all fish related topics. It seems Miami would be the perfect location to build your pond!!! Between Bill and Armando, who lives in Miami as well, you should have plenty to discuss...