PDA

View Full Version : Fluval G3

PitPride
03-16-2020, 04:39 PM
Anyone know what the inside diameter hose length is or what might replace the factory hoses without spending crazy prices?

Also is there a max length for the hoses? Mine are only about 2.5 ft and I want them long enough to put the filter below my tank in the cabinet.

NCHornet
10-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Inside diameter hose length??? I'm not sure I know how to measure that? If you want the inside diameter just measure what you have, or take a piece with you to the hardware store and match a hose that way. My time with the G3 was extremely short, the G3, well, it wasn't a popular filter and didn't catch on. But their FX line are my favorite canister filters. Good Luck, sorry I couldn't help you more.
NCH

coralbandit
10-25-2020, 11:41 AM
Internal dimension is 15 mm and outside diameter is 21mm.
My understanding is this is a difficult size to find ?
Taken from ; https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/fluval-g3-hose-sizing.47814/
I am no fan at all of canister filters but both the G3 & G6 came real close to getting in my fish room ...
It was the replacement part cost and availability that excluded them . I was willing to cough the $$$ for the filter but long term use seemed to have its expense and lack of customizable features to me ..
Have you used your filter and if so how do you like it ?

tacks
10-26-2020, 11:52 AM
I have a G3. I happy with, VERY quite and pump a lot of water Ed

Willie
10-26-2020, 01:09 PM
You can lengthen the hoses, but the flow rate will slow. Same issue with all canister filters, so the hoses for all the different makes are 2.5 - 3 feet long.