PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Tetra

Orange Crush
04-19-2020, 05:52 PM
I am looking for a school of Diamond Tetras, preferably from a fellow hobbiest.

Sturiosoma
04-19-2020, 09:23 PM
I am looking for a school of Diamond Tetras, preferably from a fellow hobbiest.

The I fish store has them

Jeanne

Orange Crush
04-19-2020, 09:45 PM
They are not shipping anything right now

Johnny95132
04-20-2020, 12:25 AM
Try the wetspot- delivery charges are very steep using overnight but they have really nice quality fish.

Orange Crush
04-20-2020, 01:31 PM
Try the wetspot- delivery charges are very steep using overnight but they have really nice quality fish.

As I said in my original post, I am looking to get them from a fellow hobbiest. I have had bad luck buying fish from online fish stores. I bought a pleco from Wet Spot and it died the next day.

Sturiosoma
04-20-2020, 02:51 PM
Have you checked out any tetra forums your more likely to find a hobbyist there then here

Jeanne

Orange Crush
04-20-2020, 03:39 PM
Have you checked out any tetra forums your more likely to find a hobbyist there then here

Jeanne

I have not since this is the only forum I belong to. I trust many ppl on here so I thought I would try SD 1st.

pastry
04-20-2020, 08:51 PM
I used to have lemon tetras, head-tail light tetras, ember, and others multiply like crazy in my tank and I'd give them away... but haven't tried diamonds yet. OC, I have a really good local shop that frequently has some... I can try adding a small school to see if they follow suit? Sounds like you want them faster but throwing that out as possible contingency plan

Orange Crush
04-21-2020, 12:45 AM
I used to have lemon tetras, head-tail light tetras, ember, and others multiply like crazy in my tank and I'd give them away... but haven't tried diamonds yet. OC, I have a really good local shop that frequently has some... I can try adding a small school to see if they follow suit? Sounds like you want them faster but throwing that out as possible contingency plan

Elliot, I've missed you. I had diamond tetras about 10 years ago, while I did not try to breed them they still did. Nice thing about them is that they can tolerate warmer temps and they are really attractive. Try them out of you want to��

pastry
04-24-2020, 06:45 PM
OC! Yep, you made me blush! Dang it! My LFS doesn't have any at the moment but I'll try'em!