PDA

View Full Version : My Old Man

LizStreithorst
04-25-2020, 07:43 PM
He's a Discus, not a human being. He was a thing of beauty when he was young...almost show quality. He was a domestic RSG. He is the daddy of all the breeding age fish I have now. Pat saw this guy when he was in his prime. She knows. I got him in an auction here.

3 of his daughters got in the mood but chose their younger siblings as mates. It seems that the best female has chosen him. 2 weeks ago she got in the mood and they shook and cone pecked. She was the one who chased off the younger males. But no breeding tubes ever came down so nothing came of it.

They started to get back to hanging together by the cone today. The female is driving the other males away, which should be the old man's job. I get the feeling that he doesn't think that he can get it down. Maybe he's been around long enough not to waste his time until she's ready. I hope so. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than having Chuckie (his name) has another go.

danotaylor
04-25-2020, 08:58 PM
C'mon Chuckie, get your groove on ole man!!

Second Hand Pat
04-25-2020, 11:44 PM
Cool Liz, was the auction on the forum?
Pat

Second Hand Pat
04-25-2020, 11:59 PM
Found the auction so a pic of your old man in his young self is in the first post http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?123118-Auction-Auction!!!-Red-Hot!!!First-Coast-Discus. :)
Pat

LizStreithorst
04-26-2020, 08:08 AM
Were they not the most stunning group. Thank you, Pat

Second Hand Pat
04-26-2020, 08:27 AM
Were they not the most stunning group. Thank you, Pat

Absolutely Liz, which pic is the old man?
Pat

LizStreithorst
04-26-2020, 09:09 AM
I can no longer be sure, Pat. He has changed so much since then. He's no longer a handsome boy. Guessing by their patterns is is either number 2 or number 3.