PDA

View Full Version : inactive pairs please help

slaven
06-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a common discus tank and now the pairs start to form.
Tipically, the pair starts to shake, cleaning the glass or stone, keeping away other discus.
After observing them a couple days (maybe the laid the eggs but could not see) i have separated them in 30 g tank (200 ppm, nitrite 0).
Observing them during 2-3 weeks but they are completely inactive, no cleaning the cone, no shaking. Nothing.
I have one pair working well in the same water conditions
What I have to do? Do I have to wait?
This situation is the same with 2 pairs until today (as I said third pair working well). I change the water every second day 50%.
What is your opinion?
Does anybody have the same experience?
Any opinion?
Thank you in advance

peewee1
06-02-2020, 09:55 PM
This could be normal. I too had pair every day pecking and chasing other away. I moved the to 20 gallon tank, same water, same food and no activity. I think it best to be parient for a few weeks. Or a temperature increase or decrease. Change of food. Slight change in ph. All sometimes get them going.

CliffsDiscus
06-02-2020, 11:57 PM
Move the pair back to their original tank, most likely you broke up the spawning cycle. Let them bond together till they are a confirm pair.

Cliff

peewee1
06-04-2020, 11:16 PM
Try rearranging that which is in the breeding tank. Like I said I moved a suspected pair that was always pecking and chasing other fish away from a cone. After moving them to a tank of their own fpr about 10 days they seemed to loose interest. I moved the come from the right side of the tank to the center. There was a heater mounted horizontal near the bottom right. I reinstalled it vertical. Four days passed. Today I notice cleaning of the heater. Should eggs appear on the heater will fried eggs develop? Will the eggs hatch faster than if they were laid anywhere else in the tank?