PDA

View Full Version : how long after metro treatment do you wait to put fish back into display tank?

matt2426
06-11-2020, 06:11 PM
I recently had one discus that i treated for hex he was getting bullied pretty bad and evenually stopped eating then noticed white stringy feces I caught it early so the treatment i believe went pretty smoothly. I'm guessing stress caused it. Anyway i just did a 7 day treatment and the fish looks like he's back to normal starting eating again today in the hospital tank and haven't noticed any more white feces from the fish for atleast 3 or 4 days now. Just wondering how long do you wait after treatment to introduce the fish back into the display do you do i right after the treatment or do you wait another week or so. thanks

LizStreithorst
06-11-2020, 06:46 PM
We generally suggest a 12 day treatment at 500 mg per 10 gallons, but if your fish is looking good what you did may have worked. Put it back in and see if you see symptoms again.

matt2426
06-11-2020, 06:52 PM
ok thanks and thats the dose i did i did it every 8 hours for 7 days and everything looks good. but ill put him back in tomorrow and see how it goes thanks