PDA

View Full Version : Happy father's day

brewmaster15
06-21-2020, 07:07 AM
To all my fellow Dads out there on SimplyDiscus. .. HAPPY FATHER'S!!

Hope you all have an awesome day however you spend it.

Im spending mine in the Hammock and tinkering on a solar project.

How do you spend yours?

AL

Second Hand Pat
06-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Happy Fathers day to you also Al ...and all our SD dads. :D
Pat

peewee1
06-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Al! I don't know if the kids, Little Ricky and Ellie Mae, have anything planned but I do believe there is a NASCAR race on TV GEICO 500 and I spotted several piles of leaves and twigs that need to move to the yard waste bin and a lawn that needs mowing. All of this activity can be done without me even having to stray beyond the boarders of my own property line. And my son gave me a MegaMan video for a Father's Day gift so I suspect I will give it a try out as well.

brewmaster15
06-21-2020, 03:16 PM
happy fathers day to you also al ...and all our sd dads. :d
pat

thank you pat!

brewmaster15
06-21-2020, 03:19 PM
Thanks, Al! I don't know if the kids, Little Ricky and Ellie Mae, have anything planned but I do believe there is a NASCAR race on TV GEICO 500 and I spotted several piles of leaves and twigs that need to move to the yard waste bin and a lawn that needs mowing. All of this activity can be done without me even having to stray beyond the boarders of my own property line. And my son gave me a MegaMan video for a Father's Day gift so I suspect I will give it a try out as well.

Norm, Sounds like a good way to spend the day! My day got started a bit late.. had some stuff around the yard to do then visited my Dad... just made my way to the Hammock.:)

View from the hammock..

Al

peewee1
06-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Al, I am presuming that your yard overlooks Augusta National Golf course. Do you have your camera? I told you before that our friend DG captured one of his most famous bird photos on just such a day while sipping an Arnold Palmer while relaxing in has back yard.

brewmaster15
06-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Al, I am presuming that your yard overlooks Augusta National Golf course. Do you have your camera? I told you before that our friend DG captured one of his most famous bird photos on just such a day while sipping an Arnold Palmer while relaxing in has back yard.
LOL..Norm our friend and I are on two very different levels ..I could reach and reach and not touch the soles of his shoes.:)

My yard is why I bought this house.. .. we are set back aways have a good front yard.. .. weed filled and organic.. no chemicals used.I have my camera here with me anytime I am outside.. my yard set up is a pentax K3 with digma 120-400 lens.. its here now.. but I have learned I.can not shoot it from the hammock.. its just too much movement.
Al

peewee1
06-21-2020, 04:34 PM
That would be true, Al, but he got his start out of college breeding Angel and Disus fish. And you are fortunate to have a good doyen to rely on anytime, any day. Also what he is to you with relation to photo he is to you when related to fish breeding and keeping. That is a good match I think.

pm9ljr
06-22-2020, 03:03 AM
Wife not feeling 100% so after I did a little weeding we spent day reading and watching some Stargate SG1.

Hope everyone had a good day

Shan_Evolved
06-22-2020, 05:26 AM
Got my old man a power washer he can use for the driveway back home. He definitely is happy!

Also, to some of us including me - Happy not a fathers day. ;)

brewmaster15
06-22-2020, 10:39 AM
Wife not feeling 100% so after I did a little weeding we spent day reading and watching some Stargate SG1.

Hope everyone had a good day

Sorry to hear that your wife was not feeling well! Stargate SG1 Fan here too Lloyd.. Family and I have watched all the SG series, our favorite though is Atlantis, and Universe was just getting good when they cancelled it.

Fathers Day gift my son gave me several years back...

al

brewmaster15
06-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Got my old man a power washer he can use for the driveway back home. He definitely is happy!

Also, to some of us including me - Happy not a fathers day. ;)

lol.. Happy not a fathers day. :)

al

coralbandit
06-22-2020, 02:56 PM
A late but happy fathers day [not fathers day] to all !
I played in the fish room [ changed water and moved parents from their fry {rams}] and took my favorite fish for a ride ~!:p
The weather is outstanding and Al's view from his hammock is the perfect match for the summer heat up here in the Northeast !
I hope everyone enjoyed and felt appreciated .

pm9ljr
06-23-2020, 04:41 AM
Cool what a nice gift, we have the Atlantis series and that's up next.. course we only finishing season 5 on SG1 so will be awhile. Not familiar with Universe will have to check that out.

Thanks

pm9ljr
08-11-2020, 05:27 AM
We finally finished SG1 and Atlantis. When we started getting close i found Universe on EBAY. We watched the final episodes last night. What a shame it did not have another season.

Only good thing about getting old is... in two years i can watch all 3 series again and it will be like brand new