PDA

View Full Version : Up for offer , my latest rams

coralbandit
06-21-2020, 09:51 AM
Hey guys figured I would post pics of the rams I just listed on Aquabid .
Pretty proud of how they look and the progress I am making improving and creating rams !
My Long Fin BEX [Black /EBR cross]
https://i.imgur.com/ncSnAJdl.jpg
My dark not Pitch Black Rams
https://i.imgur.com/CeEmKpNl.jpg
The latest of my Pitch Black Rams
https://i.imgur.com/oLB1RxPl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M1Y7FcVl.jpg
I hope this is what I am supposed to use this page for !
I hope you all had a great first weekend of Summer !

danotaylor
06-22-2020, 03:45 PM
They look great mate, well done!!

LizStreithorst
06-22-2020, 03:51 PM
I like your crosses in the first pic best. That dude in the middle of the tank...I wish you could turn one like that one into your own strain.

coralbandit
06-22-2020, 04:48 PM
Thanks Dan !
Liz my crosses are my favorites and most popular !
It is hard to breed rams for a new trait since breeding back to parents presents lots of troubles.
The crosses seem to turn out very similar batch after batch even when from different pairs .
So I am hoping to be able to regularly offer some nice and healthy long fins besides gold very soon .
Every long fin I have all go back to the LF my buddy Tom in Hawaii sent me for Christmas ..
He is still smiling for sending me the gift !:thumbsup:

Larry208
06-24-2020, 02:01 PM
Nice looking rams Tom,

coralbandit
06-24-2020, 02:53 PM
Thanks Larry .
Good to hear from you !

LizStreithorst
06-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Thanks Dan !
Liz my crosses are my favorites and most popular !
It is hard to breed rams for a new trait since breeding back to parents presents lots of troubles.
The crosses seem to turn out very similar batch after batch even when from different pairs .
So I am hoping to be able to regularly offer some nice and healthy long fins besides gold very soon .
Every long fin I have all go back to the LF my buddy Tom in Hawaii sent me for Christmas ..
He is still smiling for sending me the gift !:thumbsup:

Have you tried breeding sibling to sibling?

coralbandit
06-24-2020, 03:09 PM
Have you tried breeding sibling to sibling?

Most of my breeding is sibling to sibling .
Genetics says that does not lock down characteristics as well as spawning back to a parent .
So far the breeding goes real well IMO so I have no complaints .
Success is made in small steps not leaps so I am pleased with how things move along .
The rams have hooked me so I am in it for the long run and can be more patient then most people .
My plans take years so small setbacks always seem like part of the show .
As long as some progress is made every year I am more then happy.
The long fins didn't get here till last fall/winter and I bred them to each other so having decent crosses already is really pretty quick IMO .
I know most people don't think 6-9 months is timely but rams grow size wise much slower then many fish even though they may start breeding at 4 months .
To have pairs from my own breeding at 4-6 months is perfect to me !

LizStreithorst
06-24-2020, 03:43 PM
Got it.

Discluv
06-30-2020, 05:23 PM
Got a male tending a large group of fry from the last GBR/EBR pairs you sent me. What was it-- maybe a month ago you sent them to me?
Funny thing is is that 2 pairs spawned at once- within hours of each other and one of the males tended both groups of eggs! Just for a lark I put them both in tank with the male of one group-- not expecting him to take both. But, he did. :)
I think these fish are my favorite of the Rams Ive got from you.
Here is a video:
https://vimeo.com/433169445

dornblaser
06-30-2020, 11:24 PM
Nice looking Rams!

coralbandit
07-01-2020, 03:46 PM
Got a male tending a large group of fry from the last GBR/EBR pairs you sent me. What was it-- maybe a month ago you sent them to me?
Funny thing is is that 2 pairs spawned at once- within hours of each other and one of the males tended both groups of eggs! Just for a lark I put them both in tank with the male of one group-- not expecting him to take both. But, he did. :)
I think these fish are my favorite of the Rams Ive got from you.
Here is a video:
https://vimeo.com/433169445
That is a great video Amy !
I wish you continued success !
You got something going on not many people seem capable of pulling off.
My hat is off to you !

Nice looking Rams!
Thanks you so much David .I am pretty proud of my efforts .

sanjay21
07-01-2020, 04:27 PM
Waiting on my Pitch black Rams from you :)

LizStreithorst
07-01-2020, 04:40 PM
You will love them. My pair is taking care of a swarm of kids ATM.

sanjay21
07-01-2020, 04:47 PM
You will love them. My pair is taking care of a swarm of kids ATM.

That's awesome Liz !! I've bred rams couple times but never got to experience the parents raising the fry.

coralbandit
07-01-2020, 04:50 PM
The Pitch Blacks are either the best ram parents seen today or homicidal maniacs killing everything and anything including each other !
Hopefully the pair I sent you does well .
My GBR and EBR which I have worked for over 7 years still don't raise fry ..In two years I almost expect my Pitch Blacks to be just like the male in Amy's video .
It is amazing to see it and makes me wonder how we broke the others ?

danotaylor
07-01-2020, 04:57 PM
That video of Amy's is cool as...Tom you have displayed great patience developing your RAM lines and the fruit of your labors is incredible! It's really cool getting to see a bunch of SD members buying in and enjoying what you have worked so hard to produce. It must be very satisfying for you. Very cool stuff!

LizStreithorst
07-01-2020, 04:59 PM
Tom likes his pairs to parent raise and I insist on it so when I saw his Jet Blacks I just had to. It was love at first sight.

coralbandit
07-01-2020, 05:05 PM
That video of Amy's is cool as...Tom you have displayed great patience developing your RAM lines and the fruit of your labors is incredible! It's really cool getting to see a bunch of SD members buying in and enjoying what you have worked so hard to produce. It must be very satisfying for you. Very cool stuff!

I love when I hear from people how much they are enjoying my rams or their success breeding .
Money is nice ,but appreciation is so much more in my book ..It fulfills me and my efforts and feeds my soul [which sometimes needs the help !] ..

LizStreithorst
07-01-2020, 07:17 PM
There is nothing wrong with your soul, Tom. You are one of the good ones.