PDA

View Full Version : New discus

Liam
07-14-2020, 05:30 PM
Hi,
I recently bought my first discus I got 5 about 2". I currently have them in a 450l tank with a few neon tetras. The tank has been established for about 3 years. 2 of the discus have developed white spots on the fins and body the other 3 are clean. The water parameters are all perfect. The discus have been hiding a lot and not eating yet.

Any help would be great.

Second Hand Pat
07-15-2020, 09:07 AM
Hi,
I recently bought my first discus I got 5 about 2". I currently have them in a 450l tank with a few neon tetras. The tank has been established for about 3 years. 2 of the discus have developed white spots on the fins and body the other 3 are clean. The water parameters are all perfect. The discus have been hiding a lot and not eating yet.

Any help would be great.

Hi Liam, sounds like possible cross contamination. Guessing the tetras were in the tank before the discus. Are pics possible? If yes, be sure the pics are 2MBs or less. Also filling this out might be really helpful http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete.
Pat

Iminit
07-15-2020, 09:56 AM
White spots are a common sign that water conditions are not good. How often and how much water are you changing? Discus need clean new water. When new they need it daily. Like 50%daily at the same temp as what your removing.

NJH
07-15-2020, 05:10 PM
White spots as in ich or white pimples?

CliffsDiscus
07-16-2020, 12:00 AM
Do a search for ich and HITH(holeinthehead)

Liam
07-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Any help would be great.

Hi all thanks for the reply,
The white spots have all gone as quick as they arrived. I've been keeping fish for around 20 years but never discus. Still a bit baffled as to what it was.

danotaylor
07-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Hi Liam. What do you mean by the water parameters are all perfect??