PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting new betta

pastry
07-20-2020, 08:24 PM
My 2 sons are restless. Doing a betta breeding project with them. Holy crap I haven't had bettas forever. The first one is a male I just received and the second I'm waiting to come in. Good God I love the variety nowadays (been 28 years since I paid attention to the betta industry).

peewee1
07-20-2020, 08:37 PM
My 2 sons are restless. Doing a betta breeding project with them. Holy crap I haven't had bettas forever. The first one is a male I just received and the second I'm waiting to come in. Good God I love the variety nowadays (been 28 years since I paid attention to the betta industry).

I to had no idea, Eliott. These are amazing. I had the same surprise after not paying attention to the discus hobby for 25 years. I left with only visions of wild discus dancing in my head only to return to what we now have. Now betta fish. Do these hybrid males still fight if you put 2 of them together? If so I can imagine the fin carnage. And today I was horrified to learn there is something called a "bulldog" discus? Sorry but that is one buh tuggly fish, in my opinion. Why do that to a fish? These betta on the other hand are very nice.

pastry
07-20-2020, 09:12 PM
BWAAAHAHAAA!!!! ...agree on Bulldog discus!

LizStreithorst
07-20-2020, 09:37 PM
Bettas require a type of patience that I don't have. Those are very beautiful Bettas. Keep us up to date on your progress with them. I'd love to read about what you do and how you do it.

pastry
07-20-2020, 09:58 PM
Will do Liz!

danotaylor
07-21-2020, 01:39 AM
Stunning Elliot. Get em mate!

peewee1
07-21-2020, 01:51 AM
These fish remind me of a fancy chicken rooster or a peacock rooster, or Dennis Rodman. Flamboyant is the word that I am looking for.

coralbandit
07-21-2020, 03:50 AM
Those are very nice !

Second Hand Pat
07-21-2020, 07:44 AM

They are beautiful Elliot. Both bettas look male to me.
Pat

Shan_Evolved
07-21-2020, 08:16 AM
Incredible! Looking forward to updates

Disgirl
07-21-2020, 02:11 PM
Makes me want to go get a Betta. I have the perfect place to put him. Yours is great!
Barb

LizStreithorst
07-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Wait to get yours until this guy has young for sale. You will never find this quality at a LFS. These are expensive imports. They really make me drool.

Disgirl
07-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Our PetSmart has some really beautiful ones these days. Last year around July 4th I got a gorgeous red, white and blue with unbelievable fins. But he jumped out through a 1/2" hole in the tank top. To this day I have not found him. Maybe one of our cats found him...
Barb

peewee1
07-21-2020, 08:08 PM
If I were to get several what is the recommended betta per gallon rule? I see them in the lfs is a 10 ounce cup. That has to be somewhat cruel is would a 1 gallon tank be good?

pastry
07-22-2020, 01:14 AM
I'm going to have to give you all more background on the breeder & distributer as well. I'll do a play by play. For now though, I'll say this dude from Thailand sets the bar TOO low and I LOVE IT! Supposed to take a 3-5 weeks and it's taken 1. A trans shipper extra cost sounded like another $20-23 yet some language barriers/mistakes were made and it was only a few extra bucks. PETCO has had some stunning strains as high as $25.99 but all together these 2 were each under or equal to that. I'll provide play by play once I receive the orange one in 36 hours! And I think PeeWee said it but I think Rodman is the perfect name! Wife & just got done watching "The Last Dance" too!

Google "Koi Galaxy Crowntail male bettas" and hit "images". CRAZY COLORS!

peewee1
07-22-2020, 02:17 AM
I'm going to have to give you all more background on the breeder & distributer as well. I'll do a play by play. For now though, I'll say this dude from Thailand sets the bar TOO low and I LOVE IT! Supposed to take a 3-5 weeks and it's taken 1. A trans shipper extra cost sounded like another $20-23 yet some language barriers/mistakes were made and it was only a few extra bucks. PETCO has had some stunning strains as high as $25.99 but all together these 2 were each under or equal to that. I'll provide play by play once I receive the orange one in 36 hours! And I think PeeWee said it but I think Rodman is the perfect name! Wife & just got done watching "The Last Dance" too!

Google "Koi Galaxy Crowntail male bettas" and hit "images". CRAZY COLORS!

Yes, Rodman is the best example of a human peacock that I could think of. Well, Odelll Beckham Jr would be a close second. I am looking forward to seeing your bettas.

pastry
07-24-2020, 11:27 PM
So I got the BEAUTIFUL Koi Nemo Halfmoon (orange one) in today and stupidly (I thought it was my wife's Amazon package! ) let it sit in the sun. I confessed to "Ammybetta" that I roasted the most beautiful betta I've ever seen (was still alive but struggling) and that it was MY FAULT. He called me 25 mins ago (from Thailand! ) and said he didn't care if I blamed myself, "...get back on Ebay and select 2 more for free." I tried saying no, my fault and I'd still spread the word how awesome he was, his fish, his communication, but he said, "No! Get back on now, choose 2, and I'll take care of you!"

Holy crap that's not just customer service, that's customer service with THE BEST, most BEAUTIFUL bettas. And seriously, it was my fault!

Please take a look at him if looking at Bettas. The LEAST I could do is tell you gals and guys. The betta you see IS the one you get.

peewee1
07-24-2020, 11:54 PM
So I got the BEAUTIFUL Koi Nemo Halfmoon (orange one) in today and stupidly (I thought it was my wife's Amazon package! ) let it sit in the sun. I confessed to "Ammybetta" that I roasted the most beautiful betta I've ever seen (was still alive but struggling) and that it was MY FAULT. He called me 25 mins ago (from Thailand! ) and said he didn't care if I blamed myself, "...get back on Ebay and select 2 more for free." I tried saying no, my fault and I'd still spread the word how awesome he was, his fish, his communication, but he said, "No! Get back on now, choose 2, and I'll take care of you!"

Holy crap that's not just customer service, that's customer service with THE BEST, most BEAUTIFUL bettas. And seriously, it was my fault!

Please take a look at him if looking at Bettas. The LEAST I could do is tell you gals and guys. The betta you see IS the one you get.

I had not thought about it until now. Thailand must be the betta capital of the world. Because Thailand was once Siam and the betta is the Siamese Fighting Fish. There must be so many breeders in Thailand yet your source sounds like one of the foremost.

pastry
08-24-2020, 01:07 AM

peewee1
08-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Very nice fish, Elliott. Peacocks is what they are.

pastry
08-25-2020, 12:09 AM
I suck so bad at pics. Will do later with better cam. Reminds me of standard Leonid Afremov paintings... loooove the color combos. I lost that gorgeous one the guy originally sent me and when he found out he told me to pick 2 and he would send them to me for free and including free shipping. I opened the box and he had sent three! Dude, I do not need that many freaking bettas but that was crazy awesome old-school customer service. I'm dead serious, nobody's bettas compare to his on eBay (and price!).