PDA

View Full Version : Anything unusual here?

JamesW
09-24-2020, 08:44 AM
Any reason to be worried about the flachen in the link? When he is not pushing out an impressive load he is brightly colored, active and participates in the pecking order disputes. All other discus have normal poops also in the link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/imY89TE9hGTUkk8h8

Second Hand Pat
09-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Not sure James. How often does this happen?
Pat

JamesW
09-24-2020, 08:25 PM
Seen it twice, normal poo in between. These summer sausages were about a month apart. I'll probably just keep an eye on it.

Second Hand Pat
09-24-2020, 11:13 PM
Seen it twice, normal poo in between. These summer sausages were about a month apart. I'll probably just keep an eye on it.

See if you can tie it to a food item or heavy feeding.
Pat

JamesW
09-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Thanks Pat, these three fish were all pooping at the same time, which was why I noticed such a drastic difference. I feed repashy gel and al's FDBW, he eats the repashy more robustly than the others so that might be the reason for the different poop. As soon as he passes it his color returns so I'm assuming he doesn't like it. It isn't hex poop right?

Second Hand Pat
09-26-2020, 07:32 AM
Thanks Pat, these three fish were all pooping at the same time, which was why I noticed such a drastic difference. I feed repashy gel and al's FDBW, he eats the repashy more robustly than the others so that might be the reason for the different poop. As soon as he passes it his color returns so I'm assuming he doesn't like it. It isn't hex poop right?

Hard to tell from the picture James. Hex related poop is white.
Pat

JamesW
10-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Looks like it is repashy related. That food is fully hydrated gel, I fed exclusively fdbw for a couple days and his poops look like everyone else's.