PDA

View Full Version : New 55

famtsberg
10-15-2020, 11:16 AM
New 55, finally done cycling. Got a new friend for my Quri Pura, He is a lot more curious than he was.

Jack Wattley Rafflesia purchased from his Texas Distributer, she lives about 80 miles from me.

rickztahone
10-15-2020, 10:56 PM
Nice Curipera cross. Lovely looking tank as well.

Iminit
10-16-2020, 07:58 PM
Good looking tank and discus Fritz! Now we need a pic of the whole tank :).

famtsberg
10-26-2020, 11:36 AM
Good looking tank and discus Fritz! Now we need a pic of the whole tank :).

Moved some fish around and got a new pair. They have been prepping that central plant for a couple days. Tank has Lemon Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Buenos Aires Tetras, and a few danios. Has a bottom clean up crew and about 15 assassin snails to deal with the snail infestation.

danotaylor
10-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Tank looks good Fritz :thumbsup:
What strain is the other discus in the pair? I see a pigeon blood type but cannot see the other fish clearly enough to know what it is...

famtsberg
10-26-2020, 12:12 PM
Tank looks good Fritz :thumbsup:
What strain is the other discus in the pair? I see a pigeon blood type but cannot see the other fish clearly enough to know what it is...

Quri Pura Hes about 6.5 inches. This is him about 8 weeks ago.

famtsberg
10-26-2020, 04:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P889kw3_rZE&feature=youtu.be

Here we go.

danotaylor
10-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Fritz my intention is not to discourage you, but the genetics of crossing a PB with a wild type or non-PB domestic usually results in a high percentage of very peppered offspring. With the time and effort required to grow out discus fry successfully it's not worth the hassle. If you're intentions are to practice and just experience this part of discus keeping then by all means have at er, but selling the fry would be difficult, and then you have to decide what you're going to do with them. All the best to you sir!

famtsberg
10-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Fritz my intention is not to discourage you, but the genetics of crossing a PB with a wild type or non-PB domestic usually results in a high percentage of very peppered offspring. With the time and effort required to grow out discus fry successfully it's not worth the hassle. If you're intentions are to practice and just experience this part of discus keeping then by all means have at er, but selling the fry would be difficult, and then you have to decide what you're going to do with them. All the best to you sir!

Noted, thanks