PDA

View Full Version : New Pitch Black Ram Pair have free swimmers

LizStreithorst
11-09-2020, 12:29 PM
I can't even hold a candle to Pat when it comes to my Discus pairs. One pair has 15 of 35 wigglers attached. The other pair has 2 attached out of the same number of wigglers.

But I must be second only to Tom (Coralbandit) when it comes to my Rams. I have more Dutch Blues babies in a 90 gallon than I can count. And now I have a swarm of a first time Pitch Blacks around their parents on some first timers whose parents came from Tom. I'm more delighted with these than you can imagine. Raising babies without their parents is simply not my cup of tea so first timers doing it is a big deal for me.

Second Hand Pat
11-09-2020, 12:35 PM
I can't even hold a candle to Pat when it comes to my Discus pairs. One pair has 15 of 35 wigglers attached. The other pair has 2 attached out of the same number of wigglers.

But I must be second only to Tom (Coralbandit) when it comes to my Rams. I have more Dutch Blues babies in a 90 gallon than I can count. And now I have a swarm of a first time Pitch Blacks around their parents on some first timers whose parents came from Tom. I'm more delighted with these than you can imagine. Raising babies without their parents is simply not my cup of tea so first timers doing it is a big deal for me.

Sweet Liz, You definitely hold the prize for ram breeding. Really happy for you :D
Pat

coralbandit
11-09-2020, 06:37 PM
That's GREAT Liz ! You should be able to see who is gold and who is pitch black quickly .
The pair of pitch blacks you sent me look so awesome .You not are doing great with the rams but making great rams ..
I stole some wigglers from the Dutch blue you sent me also ..Hoping they free swim soon ..
I am OK being Bandit for the name of great fish ..:p Although I do agree nothing compares to watching discus with attached fry ..:cool:

danotaylor
11-10-2020, 12:49 AM
Yea Mama!! :thumbsup:

dornblaser
11-12-2020, 12:49 AM
Liz, would you mind posting pics of the parents? Thanks.

coralbandit
11-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Liz, would you mind posting pics of the parents? Thanks.

This is the picture of the pair she raised from AB that she had listed ;
They look fantastic and am thrilled to have their brother and sister in my fish room !

LizStreithorst
11-12-2020, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately, I can't get a good pic of the pair with their fry. The tank is so old and beat up that I can't get a clear pic through it. All my pairs look so identical to those that even I can't tell the difference between them.

dornblaser
11-13-2020, 12:10 AM
Wow, nice fish! Thank you for posting the pics.