PDA

View Full Version : leopard pair - no spawn

discusbreeder
11-12-2020, 11:17 PM
I have a beautiful leopard pair (all my discus are from Alex Piwowarski). The fish are about 2 year old and they have shown obvious signs of spawning, they bave been cleaned the cone for several weeks (4-5 weeks) but no spawn. any idea why?

peewee1
11-12-2020, 11:43 PM
I have a beautiful leopard pair (all my discus are from Alex Piwowarski). The fish are about 2 year old and they have shown obvious signs of spawning, they bave been cleaned the cone for several weeks (4-5 weeks) but no spawn. any idea why?

No idea for you, Richard, but I have two who have been working at cleaning a pot for around 4 months now. Today a third fish joined in the cleaning. So now I have 3 fish cleaning the same spot and no spawning. Give them time to learn what they are doing and be patient with it.

captainandy
11-13-2020, 09:59 AM
Not unusual at all. That’s why experts recommend raising several juvies at a time to allow to pair off. Discus, like people, are selective in who they want to breed in and blind dates often don’t work

CliffsDiscus
11-13-2020, 01:54 PM
They are just f!irting, so it may take awhile.
Piowowarski are inbred or line bred so they
take a longer time to mature.

Cliff

discusbreeder
11-14-2020, 12:03 PM
thanks for youy reply, I got those leopards 18 months ago. They were 3 inch in a group of six. I agree with Cliff the Piwo take longer to mature.

Willie
11-17-2020, 03:13 PM
We're all waiting for our pairs to spawn! :p ;) :D :o

discusbreeder
11-19-2020, 10:11 PM
during my next water change I will drop the temperature by 6-7 degrees and see if it is a good incentive to spawn