PDA

View Full Version : White's and Blue's

Frogs62
12-12-2020, 03:07 PM
I have been reading as many post here as possible and I believe I understand the main issues with keeping “primary red” or “primary yellow” discus together and maintaining the eye popping reds or yellows (assuming you got high quality fish to begin with) ….. that being the food and the color enhancers (either added or natural). If I am incorrect, please let me know….as its limiting my discus choices. What I have not been able to fine is info on White and Blue’s. Is it safe to assume White’s would either fade or lose their “ Whiteness” and either start picking up red’s or yellow’s depending on the feeding? How about Albino’s are they even capable of picking up color? If I go with a primary red or yellow and feed accordingly what with happen to the Blues? If I want Blue’s and keep blue’s can I mix and keep the blue? And would either Reds or Yellows be best together?

Thank you in advance

captainandy
12-12-2020, 07:26 PM
You will get mixed answers. Just read thru the color threads.

BTW - you might want to contact any of the other distributors who are our sponsors you might get a more certain answer.

My gut sense is that when you purchase a fish from a distributor, especially 4 inches or less, the color has been artificially enhanced by the breeder and will fade unless you continue to supplement
Take the time to read prior threads on red and yellow