PDA

View Full Version : Tell your experience about color up

Ramith
01-05-2021, 02:43 AM
Which one the best color effect carophyll Red/Pink Powder or Astaxanthin Powder ? or any opinion

In my experience their is no any pure red color increase in carophyll Red/Pink Powder. Dark orange in best range of that. But Astaxanthin Powder Increase Red Color and health of fish like immunity. So price bit expensive but is good.

What suggestion you recommended
Please share your experience

smsimcik
01-05-2021, 06:20 PM
Sounds like you already answered your own question.

I've used both. They both do the same thing. I doubt one is any better than the other. They both make red discus redder, yellow discus orange, and white discus pinkish depending on how much is in the food. I've even seen it cause orange fins on blue discus.
I use astaxanthin in my food for my koi angelfish to intensify the orange.

14Discus
01-05-2021, 10:47 PM
I also use Astaxanthin for bringing out the reds in my red fish and Carophyll Yellow for bringing out the yellows w my yellow fish. Obviously they are not in the same tank.

Ramith
01-05-2021, 11:43 PM
Sounds like you already answered your own question.

I've used both. They both do the same thing. I doubt one is any better than the other. They both make red discus redder, yellow discus orange, and white discus pinkish depending on how much is in the food. I've even seen it cause orange fins on blue discus.
I use astaxanthin in my food for my koi angelfish to intensify the orange.

astaxanthin make probably red. Not a orange. Some times change the natural colors. carophyll Pink up to dark orange. But i don't know different between carophyll Red and Pink. Is this twe different product or same product.

Ramith
01-06-2021, 12:07 AM
I also use Astaxanthin for bringing out the reds in my red fish and Carophyll Yellow for bringing out the yellows w my yellow fish. Obviously they are not in the same tank.

Astaxanthin powder or Astaxanthin include pellets ?

14Discus
01-06-2021, 02:32 AM
I mix the powder form in small amounts with water into a small jar. Then I use an eye dropper and put a drop or two on half squares of FDBW from Al the day before I feed them. The Astaxanthin w water soaks in and dries by the time I feed the fish the next day. I do this on alternating days. On the prep day (day 1), the fish get fed regular half squares or regular loose FDBW while the Astaxanthin treated half squares dry for use in the non-prep day (day 2). This is merely my approach.....others will surely differ.

My reds are red and yellows are yellow though. If the reds ever became faded, I’d be inclined to do the Astaxanthin daily, but this works for me now and thus I’m sticking w alternating days.

alron2
01-07-2021, 09:37 PM

Where do you purchase carophyll yellow? Care to share your receipt?
Thanks Ron

seanyuki
01-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Try here for Carophyll yellow

Best Canaries

https://bestcanaries.com/shop/ols/products/fish-carophyll-canthaxanthin-yellow-40-gram

Or

Rick Grange @Canadian Aqua Farm

http://stores.canadianaquafarm.com/50-grams-carophyll-yellow-colour-enhancing-food-additive/

Where do you purchase carophyll yellow? Care to share your receipt?
Thanks Ron

14Discus
01-07-2021, 10:01 PM

Yep......Carophyll
Yellow from Canadian
Aqua Farm.

Shan_Evolved
01-08-2021, 03:14 PM
^That's a beaut right there

14Discus
01-08-2021, 03:17 PM
Thnx Shan. It’s also my biggest discus being right at 7”.

alron2
01-08-2021, 07:09 PM
If I fed Carophyll yellow to my orange angel koi could I turn them yellow?

14Discus
01-08-2021, 08:28 PM
I would assume so, but have never done that. If it did work, it would not happen very. quickly imho.

Oxboy
01-10-2021, 02:57 PM
but will all this excess carophyll and/or Astaxanthin dull a blue or teal fish?

14Discus
01-10-2021, 03:23 PM
It hasn’t changed my Red Mosaic Turq or my Giant Flora. I no longer have any Neon Sapphires in the tank. Honestly....I’m not sure. Hopefully others can help out more w your question.

smsimcik
01-11-2021, 09:51 AM
but will all this excess carophyll and/or Astaxanthin dull a blue or teal fish?

I don't know about dulling a blue fish, but like I said in my post above, I have seen them create a orangish halo in the fins of my blue diamonds and Flachens.