PDA

View Full Version : Are FD blackworms safe for Angels?

Orange Crush
01-26-2021, 07:04 PM
I just bought my 1st angel fish and the lady at the store (Aquarium Co-op, a very high quality independently owned fish store) said angels have a hard time digesting worms. I asked her if that was true for freeze dried black worms but she wasn't sure. Anybody have any knowledge or experience with FDBW and angels?

Willie
01-26-2021, 09:40 PM
I feed my angels, both P. scalare and P. altum, FDBW. They both eat it with no problem.

matt parsons
01-27-2021, 03:09 AM
I feed my angles frozen blood worms, freeze dries black worms and live black worms daily. They also get flakes and pellets but the worms are the vast majority of their diet. Never had any problems. The angles will eat and eat. They are like puppies so I limit the amount of food to what the can eat in a few minutes.
In my experience you will be fine.Start out slow and see how they do. Unless they are very small I’d say your good to go

Kirbs
01-27-2021, 11:35 PM
I just got some Peruvian Angels from John and they love the FDBW with spinach. They come to the front and top of the tank waiting for me to feed them!

Orange Crush
01-28-2021, 02:42 AM
I just got some Peruvian Angels from John and they love the FDBW with spinach. They come to the front and top of the tank waiting for me to feed them!
I am so glad John is back in the biz. I have bought many fish from him in the past.
I know the angels will eat FDBW, I was just concerned about the safety of feeding them because of what the LFS lady said.
Sounds like there is nothing to worry about. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Bud Smith
01-28-2021, 09:18 AM
I feed my angels FDBW. I crumble them up in my hand and they do great with them. Flake every day and FDBW three days a week. My BSP"s are growing like crazy. I have fed FDBW for years to angels with no problems.

LGelb
04-27-2021, 03:21 PM

i am looking into getting angels from John. How big were they when they came in