PDA

View Full Version : Planted Discus Tank

Theioz
03-03-2021, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzW93G5h1xs

My Planted Discus Tank. Purchased these Discus from Kenny in August or so in 2020. They grew so much! I've been rescaping a bit and trying to balance out having discus with a planted C02 tank. It's been a lot of work but I think I'm finally getting the hang of controlling algae! I can't wait until my carpet fully grows out. Note: There's one blue tiger turquoise staying in the back left corner because she's guarding her eggs! (I was lucky to have a male and female blue tiger turquoise --- Might try to breed them in the future)
Stocking
2 Blue Tiger Turquoise
2 Leopard w/ring gene
2 Super Pigeon Snakeskin
~10 Corydoras
4 Siamese Algae Eaters
~8 Amano Shrimp

Iminit
03-04-2021, 12:56 AM
Nice tank and discus!

pablos
03-04-2021, 01:09 AM
Very nice and clean setup. I would add some plants in a background

Theioz
03-04-2021, 10:26 PM
Nice tank and discus!

Thank you so much! Hoping it'll grow to be something beautiful in 6 months.

Very nice and clean setup. I would add some plants in a background

Thank you! I've honestly tried...Do you have any suggestions on background plants? I tried Amazon Swords and Scarlet Temples, but they would just be absolutely destroyed in algae. Still trying to figure out the right balance.

pablos
03-05-2021, 12:04 AM
I was thinking about Amazon sword or Java fern. In my case Red tiger lotos is very resistant for algae expansion, but that is not necessarily a background plant

Iminit
03-05-2021, 12:56 AM
I use a real easy background plant giant hygro. Its quick growing so if the algae is a problem just remove the tops. It grows right back130745