PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's Discus

forrest
04-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Kenny has just passed away peacefully(3rd Apr)2:40am

To a big brother of mine,
You are always loved and never forgotten, May your soul rest in peace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls forgive me for not replying to messages and i may not be replying much in this post too, thx

seanyuki
04-03-2021, 08:47 PM
My heart aches to hear this news. I’m praying for everyone.

jeep
04-03-2021, 08:55 PM
Very sad. Prayers to his family. Thanks Forrest...

Second Hand Pat
04-03-2021, 08:59 PM
Kenny has just passed away peacefully(3rd Apr)2:40am

To a big brother of mine,
You are always loved and never forgotten, May your soul rest in peace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls forgive me for not replying to messages and i may not be replying much in this post too, thx

I am so sorry to hear this Forrest. We all were hopeful for a miracle. At least he passed peacefully. Many prayers and love to Kenny's family. :(
Pat

matt2426
04-03-2021, 09:46 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this. Kenny was such a great person prayers go out to Kenny's friends and family.

junior
04-03-2021, 09:55 PM
Really really breaks my heart prayers for his family may he rest in peace

pastry
04-03-2021, 10:08 PM
See you on the other side, brother... and there IS another side.

Still hate why he was robbed of time on this side. Absolutely devastating. Praying for his wife and family. No need to fill his void... let his void remain & cherish that void ... and try to imitate & practice his amazing traits.

Maddie
04-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Just devastating.

I will pray for his family.

Disgirl
04-03-2021, 10:42 PM
I am very sorry to hear the news of Kenny passing. He will never be forgotten, he was a wonderful man. Sincere sympathy to his family.

14Discus
04-04-2021, 12:59 AM
Such such sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. I hope to live out the rest of my life just half as nice a person as he was. We’re all blessed to have known him in any capacity. God be with you Kenny.

peewee1
04-04-2021, 01:49 AM
I can still hear Kenny's voice in my mind. I still have five round memories of Kenny swimming in my tanks. Was the greatest of people.

pm9ljr
04-04-2021, 05:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear this...

Shan_Evolved
04-04-2021, 07:11 AM
:(

My condolences for his family. He was cherished so much were all gonna miss him

Bud Smith
04-04-2021, 08:14 AM
I will always remember Kenny as one who enhanced the discus hobby by selling quality discus and helping the hobbiest be the best he could be in taking care of this wonderfull fish. He always had time to talk to me and was a great inspiration. Be at peace with the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven and I pray his family has the grace, comfort, peace and encouragement to get thru this difficult time.
Rest in peace Kenny. You will be missed.

Iminit
04-04-2021, 08:54 AM
:( Goodbye Kenny you are and will be greatly missed! Prayers to the family!

Larry208
04-04-2021, 09:01 AM
My condolences to his family certainly he will be missed.
Good bye my friend, rest in peace, you were a treasure to know.

yogi
04-04-2021, 09:07 AM
Sad news, my condolences to his family.

AquaticNerd
04-04-2021, 10:52 AM
Absolutely devastating to hear this news. A great guy and is going to be missed.

Frogs62
04-04-2021, 01:54 PM
For those of you that did not know Kenny the following is a very small example of the the type of person he was. I worked with Kenny for a few months and finally decided on the discuss for my new set up. I ordered and paid for 16 Albino Ruby Reds (Kenny's recommendation) in Dec 2020 and we agreed he would hold them until early Feb 2021... as my tank was still in the process of being set up. I get an urgent text and multi calls from kenny in early Jan stating he had to ship my fish the very next day. I was very surprised because we agreed on shipping in Feb so I asked him what happen. He reluctantly told me he had been in the hospital for a while and he checked himself out of the hospital to actually ship my fish and then checking himself back in to die..... and he kept apologizing to me omg . I cry my eyes out every time I tell this tell this story and how lucky I was to come in contact with such an amazing human being. These fish will always hold a special place in my heart

RIP Kenny!!!

AquaticNerd
04-05-2021, 08:34 AM
That story brought literal tears to my eyes. Kenny was such a great man.

Shan_Evolved
04-05-2021, 09:10 AM
For those of you that did not know Kenny the following is a very small example of the the type of person he was. I worked with Kenny for a few months and finally decided on the discuss for my new set up. I ordered and paid for 16 Albino Ruby Reds (Kenny's recommendation) in Dec 2020 and we agreed he would hold them until early Feb 2021... as my tank was still in the process of being set up. I get an urgent text and multi calls from kenny in early Jan stating he had to ship my fish the very next day. I was very surprised because we agreed on shipping in Feb so I asked him what happen. He reluctantly told me he had been in the hospital for a while and he checked himself out of the hospital to actually ship my fish and then checking himself back in to die..... and he kept apologizing to me omg . I cry my eyes out every time I tell this tell this story and how lucky I was to come in contact with such an amazing human being. These fish will always hold a special place in my heart

RIP Kenny!!!

Thank you for sharing. I'm sure Kenny's love and care went into those discus the same as any other. What a memorable way to receive a batch. Please post pics!

two utes
04-05-2021, 05:11 PM
My sincere condolences to his family and friends....Such a terrible loss

forrest
04-06-2021, 11:14 AM
Thx all for the messages, I appreciate your kind words. I believe that Kenny is in a better place now ..

RogueDiscus
04-06-2021, 02:05 PM
Very sad to hear. My condolences to his family and friends, which includes us all here at SD.
Steve

abijitr
04-07-2021, 09:51 AM
May his soul Rest In Peace! Knowing Kenny I am sure god has taken him to a better place to do greater things. Wishing his family and loved ones the strength to deal with his untimely loss.

famtsberg
04-07-2021, 11:13 AM

RIP Kenny!!!

wow, just wow.

dpt8
04-09-2021, 06:23 PM
I'm very sad at Kenny's passing. A great guy as we all know. Rest in peace.

BigPoecilia
04-12-2021, 09:22 PM
Bless you Kenny. Bless your family.

BillyinNYC
04-14-2021, 07:13 PM
Oh no....this is so sad--what a wonderful man he was. Warmest regards to his family.

He was a legend....those of us who still have his discus in our aquariums get to remember and appreciate him still....

MGKelly
05-03-2021, 12:00 PM
Yup, that was Kenny a man of Goodness, Honesty, and Respect!
People like him are few and far between, RIP

RIP Kenny!!!

pastry
05-03-2021, 09:28 PM
I don't care if it comes off cheezy but would love to have an annual "Kenny award" for sponsors and/or members who routinely exceed ANYTHING in the realm of consistency, communication, contribution, mentorship, going above & beyond, kindness, tactful yet humble teaching, or just someone who many commonly just loooove engaging in conversation.

In my mind, serves 2 purposes...

1. Keeping his charm & memory alive...
2. ...and many of you on here are amazing people and I can only pray more amazing folks join us in our hobby over time.

If I can think of a sustainable plan, definitive parameters, and a way to keep a recognition award in Kenny's name going them would love to organize it and throw out initial plan for mods and others to red ink until it's solid.

Pardal
06-01-2021, 10:32 AM
So sad news , just find out today as I have been away from the forum for a while, I will always remember Kenny , he enhance the hobby to a new level, and taught me so much as I have the privilege to meet with him , always a gentleman and an example of a what an sponsor should be.
my prayers for his family. good bye old friend
Julian.

14Discus
06-01-2021, 11:44 AM
I don't care if it comes off cheezy but would love to have an annual "Kenny award" for sponsors and/or members who routinely exceed ANYTHING in the realm of consistency, communication, contribution, mentorship, going above & beyond, kindness, tactful yet humble teaching, or just someone who many commonly just loooove engaging in conversation.

In my mind, serves 2 purposes...

1. Keeping his charm & memory alive...
2. ...and many of you on here are amazing people and I can only pray more amazing folks join us in our hobby over time.

If I can think of a sustainable plan, definitive parameters, and a way to keep a recognition award in Kenny's name going them would love to organize it and throw out initial plan for mods and others to red ink until it's solid.

+1

I proposed a similar idea to Al a few months ago. Memories of super kind people like Kenny should always be remembered and honored. There is so much negative stuff out there......let’s facilitate the positive.......and positive he was.

joy.guha
06-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Really sorry and deep ache in heart. May his soul rest in peace and comfort to the family.